Thread: Amniotic band??

DU Guest

Default Amniotic band??

Hi everyone

Last week I had my 19 week ultrasound and everything appeared to be fine. However yesterday I went to my ob and she said that there is an amniotic band near the cervix. It is not near the baby and she didn't appear that worried- I just need another ultrasound at 32 weeks. Last night I spent hours on the internet researching amniotic bands (not such a good thing to do I know!) and the info is pretty scary. Although my ob doesn't seem particulary concerned I am terrified! 8-[ I was just wondering if anyone had experienced something similar in their scan??

Thanks

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I know nothing about amniotic bands but I remember reading another thread on BB about them recently - have you tried a BB search as opposed to DR Google. Real people's experiences can be less scary and maybe reassure you.

I would trust your Ob - they have the experience and knowledge - I hope so for what they get paid.

I am sorry you have this worry - anything out of the ordinary can scare us unnecessarily. I hope it all works out for the best.

Goodluck - we have a July Pregnancy Belly buddies thread if you need others to chat to about day to day things and worries - feel free to join us anytime.

Did you find out what falvour you are having or it is a surprise ?

DU - welcome to BB - by the way

Here is the link for July Pregnancy Belly buddies and there are general chatter threads (topics too)

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22756

DU Guest

Thanks for the welcome Trish. O
    I did do a search in bellybelly- but nothing. I am going to ring my ob tomorrow and ask a few questions (now that I know what an amniotic band is!) It was difficult when she was telling me I had one as I had never heard of it! After 2 and a half years of trying I thought I'd heard of just about everything!

Thanks again

Danielle

Danielle -Good idea ringing your OB now you understand more.

I tried searching BB too but it must have been somewhere else - feel free to join in our merry July bunch - I post in August too due 1st Aug but twins will be no later than July.

Danielle how did you go with your DR ?

DU Guest

Hi Trish

I feel so much better now! We went through a few things and she explained that the cases I read about on the internet are extreme cases and my band was not anything like the ones I was reading about- thank goodness! She is really not overly concerned but she has said that she will allow me to have an ultrasound at 28 weeks rather than waiting until 32 weeks if I really want to (of course I will be having that ultrasound!!) It's obviously still in my mind but not like it was previously.

Thanks for your concern and I hope all is well with your twins. Two boys! I'm having 1 and I can't wait so I can only imagine how excited you must be.

Danielle