Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anterior Placenta

Default Anterior Placenta

Hi
    I have just found out that I have an anterior placenta - I have read up on the web and although it is unusual it is not detrimental in anyway. My question is do you think it affects how much you can feel the baby move around?

Thanks.

Babushka Doll Guest

girls,

I just found out yesterday that I also have an Anterior placenta - im 15 weeks, and haven't felt a thing!

Can't wait to feel some movement!

I have one of those too! I felt very light movements at 18 weeks, but more convincing ones around 20 weeks. the midwife said it just means that movements wont be felt til a bit later.

My placenta was anterior with my second pregnancy. It wasn't with my first and I can honestly say I didn't notice any difference.

I felt my son moving at about 14 weeks, although I guess I would say the movement didn't seem quite as frequent early on until he got a bit bigger. But by 20 weeks or so I couldn't say it was any different to my daughters pregnancy. I have heard many people say though that they don't feel much.

I had an anterior placenta with DD (#1) and didn't feel nearly as much movement as I did with DS (#2) when my placenta was posterior. But because I knew no different, it was all 'normal' for me! It's nothing to worry about, just means you will have to try and be a bit more patient re feeling movement!

deedeeze Guest

I also have an anterior placenta. The sonographer said that I wouldn't be able to feel kicks until later. I have felt bubbles from about 15 weeks though.

Yes, I have heard you feel the movements a little later, too.

I have an anterior placenta this time around but I still felt movements very early on. The only difference to my previous PG was that they weren't quite as frequent for a while and the kicks were a bit lighter for longer. Also I feel kicks & movement on the sides and low down on my tummy but not really at the front.

Thanks ladies - that is good to know. I am feeling 'bubbles' at the moment but nothing more, guess I just have to be more patient.

T.

I too have an anterior placenta this time around. My story is much the same as Angels, i felt movements very early on but they are irregular and much fainter than before. Im just hanging for the 20 week mark where they get a bit stronger, feeling bub is much more reassuring isnt it?

My placenta is also anterior, and I was told it is not a problem - just that i wouldnt feel movements till later. I started to feel kicks around 19 or 20 weeks.

Yep me too, I have an anterior placenta (they can't be that unusual given all these responses!). I felt no movement at all, even slight, until 19 weeks. Since then movment has been light and irregular. Over the past week or too I have felt movement everyday ranging from light to moderate kicks - never in front but at the sides, down low and up high. I couldn't care less if I don't see an arm or leg during my pregnancy - that's a bit yuk to me anyway!
    Wait just a few more weeks and you will feel your baby.

Also, don't know if this is relevant or not but I have had back pain form very early on in my pregnancy, which has gotten gradually worse. I wonder if this has to do with the baby being positioned further back?? I would be interested in others experience of back pain and anterior placentas (although it could be totally unrelated I guess).
    Last edited by Jac; November 29th, 2006 at 05:26 PM.

Hi Jac
    I have been getting a sore back and thought maybe it was the excess weight on my front but maybe the anterior placenta does mean the baby is closer to your spine and so would cause more pain. Hoping is does not get much worse for either of us!!

I am so close to 19wks and am sure I have been feeling more flutterings lately - sorry some of you have had bad experiences but as you say we are all very different.
    Thanks again.

Babushka Doll Guest

Girls,
    An update on the anterior placenta! LOL

I felt movement at 18 weeks, very low down on the pubic line (sorry tmi). In the last week, I have had a few powerful kicks more to the side (left) and low down again, never in the middle.

So I am just happy that i can feel bubs move everyday, not concerned where the placenta is, as it seems that an anterior placenta is quite common?

I also have an anterior placenta this time around. It hasn't caused me to feel movements later on - if anything i felt them really early this time around @ 11 wks! But i've noticed i can't see any movements from the outside at all and it's more difficult to feel the movements from the outside too.

Hi Babushka
    Glad to hear you are feeling movement pretty strong now. I am getting mild kicks low down at the moment but only when I sit and concentrate on them. Still I am sure they will get stronger as bubs gets bigger.

As you say anterior placentas much be more common than I orginally thought - thanks again ladies.

Have a Happy New Year everyone - 2007 is going to be a busy one!!
    T.

i have an anterior placenta and didnt even realise it was unusual or uncommon. they never said anything about it, its just written on my ultrasound pics.

i felt flutters from 14 weeks, with movement becoming stronger around 19/20 weeks. now its pretty constant - hubby felt bub for the first time xmas day and on boxing day we saw bub move!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Also, don't know if this is relevant or not but I have had back pain form very early on in my pregnancy, which has gotten gradually worse. I wonder if this has to do with the baby being positioned further back?? I would be interested in others experience of back pain and anterior placentas (although it could be totally unrelated I guess).
    thats is very interesting! i have been experiencing some lower back pain, but more than anything i have pretty full on tailbone pain. it really really hurts to sit for too long - i actually prefer to stand!

i wonder if its connected or just coincidence?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast