Thread: Anterior Placenta

Default Anterior Placenta

Just wanted to know if anyone else has, or has had their placenta in an anterior position. I looked in google but pretty much got all the same info in each site i went onto- which wasn't much! ](*,)

From what i understand the placenta is attatched at the front of my belly between bubs and my outer belly IYKWIM. I have been assured it should be nothing to be concerned about, but i would rather have all the info i can gather in order to understand where i stand. I am under the impression from what the Dr who did the scan said it should continue to grow up and out as my belly grows and not interfere with having a vaginal birth, but how sure can they be?

I just thought if i had any other questions i could ask my OB next week when i see her with my scan results.

Thanks Kas :flower:

I don't know much about this either, but the one thing i do know is you may not feel bubs kick for a while and it won't be as strong as most people would feel it as baby is kicking the placenta. I wouldn't think there would be any problem with it though.

Thanks Tegan, Yeah i noticed that with the kicking. I am sure i felt movements between 14 -16 weeks and then it kind of stopped. I was getting worried as i was not feeling bubs as often as before. Then once they told me about the placenta it all made sense. Now i need to be lying down and usually only feel it at night. I can't wait for the kicks to get stonger so i can feel bubs all the time and my DH and DS can feel them also, but i guess i will have to wait a bit longer now.

Same as what they said!

I too have an anterior placenta, and I am a couple of weeks ahead of you yet STILL havent felt anything. It's starting to annoy me (just a little!) I really want to feel bubs move!

But yeah, good that it's not an issue for delivery or baby, just an issue of not feeling as much movement as normal.

mooshie Guest

kas

all of my 3 prg have been anterior and all 3 were perfectly normal births with no problems (the last one zooming out in 1hr 8-[ )

the only real issue i have had and it freaked me alot in my first prg was the movement, i had movement but not alot and somedays i would have to really concentrate to make sure i could feel it (particularly at the end) i have never really experienced those great big kicks and punches that everyone talks about - which i guess is good in a way.

with the last 2 prg my ob sent me for monitoring on a regular basis towards the end cause of the movement issue and also because i tend to go over my due date, so it was really just a bit of reassurance which was good.