Thread: Is any-one else really pale??

Question Is any-one else really pale??

I'm normally quite pale, but i've always had that colour to my face but everyday i get the same comment from people
    "You look so pale, are you sure your feeling ok?"
    I feel fine, but does anyone else get these comments?
    Is there something making me lose what tiny little bit of colour i did have?
    My mum seems to think my iron is low (i was anemic with DD and Hemorrhaged after having her) but im taking Elevit which is supposed to have really high iron. I was at teh doc yesterday and she hasnt said anything to me about having low iron again

Should i go back?
    Any thoughts??

I would go get a blood test to check your iron levels, paleness can certainly be a sign of it being low, along with a lack of energy. Even if you are taking supplements they may not be being utilised properly be the body, iron can be quite hard to absorb. The easiest to absorb are liquid irons, such as Floradix or Mediherb's Fe Max, and you should take them with vitamin C for maximum absorption.

I am usually vrey fair, but am verging on deathly white, to that lovely green shade.....

I have not been taking my vitamins, but even when I was, I was still pale. I think it is just because of how sick I feel all the time.

Other ways to check you may be low in iron - have a look at your conjunctiva (pull down your bottom eyelid and look at the inside) Does it look pale? What about your gums? Tongue? Nail beds? And another not as well known symptom - have you been craving ice or really cold things lately? That can often be a sign of low iron.

yummymummy232 Guest

hi.
    im also pale and ppl r talling me that all the time, and i do hav low iron.
    alot of ppl tel me thats y im pale,my dr hasnt sed nething bout the 2 being conected but i hav never asked.

I had my doc app yesterday so im not sure if i should wait another month til my next one or try and get another one soon to get ontop of this. A friend was telling me today (she's got 1 week til her due date) she goes for weekly B12 and iron shots and she's so low. I really dont like the idea of having needles and one every week would be a lil scary. I've also got this rash that keeps appearing on my chin (doc gave me some form of Quaterzone cream but not actually called Quaterzone and its working but everyone says i shouldnt be having it while im preg.
    Man im confused....