Thread: Anyone late to 'pop'?

Default Anyone late to 'pop'?

Ok so I'm 18 1/2 weeks and everyone that has known me for ages keeps telling me that I am looking pg, but to strangers I obviously don't yet. I've recently started a new job and found out just yesterday that most of them had no idea! I'm pretty tall - 5'10 so that might have something to do with it.

So just want to hear stories from people who started showing lateish with number 1 and when you really looked pg. I know everyone is different, but thought it would be kinda interesting (and reassuring )

Thanks!!!

Hi Wheatie

I didn't tell everyone at work until I was six months pregnant.. and they were still really surprised.

I'm fairly tall, too, and bubs was lying horizontally and no one could tell! She wasn't a small baby, born 7 pound 7 oz.

Hi Wheatie.

When I fell pregnant the first time I was 45kg. At 7mths a girl I saw on a regular basis (checkout chick) didn't know I was pregnant till my parents told her. I wore all my normal clothes right up till giving birth.

Love

layla Guest

Soph, it's your 1st baby so I think it's normal not to really be showing yet. I know how much you want to be though. With Sean I was still in my normal jeans confortably until about 22 weeks, and then only when I was about 7 months did anyone notice. Very frustrating.
    You wil look pg soon though, and look on the bright side, at least you won't get sick of being huge to early!!!

katanya Guest

I felt the tightening very early on like around 12 weeks, but didn't pop till around 7 mths!

It's SO frustrating because by then you are so pregnant and you want to look pregnant too! I used to hate it but it was good for my job which was working with people physically.

I actually got a credit card limit increase at 32 weeks and wore baggy clothes and they had no idea I was even pregnant.

Yes I too am tall! We kind of stretch those babies out I think!

yeah I had a bulge around 16 weeks, but I didn't pop until around 24-25 weeks.... its so frustrating because you walk around holding your belly sometimes and people have no idea....

Me too! At 18-20 weeks, I had a bulge, but there was nothing really there that made me look pg.
    I think at about 25-28 weeks you could start to tell I was pregnant, but I was still getting small comments up until about 38 weeks. Its only been the last 4 weeks (I can't believe I can say 4 weeks after the 38th!!) that I have really filled out. I'm so happy that happened now, cause life is a whole heap more uncomfy for me being bigger.
    Enjoy being on the small side while you can! (Although it is totally frustrating)
    Fi

Soph even with my big belly no one seems to think i am pregnant and when i say i am they looked surprised and ask when am i due. I must just hide it very well or just look very fat to them.

I noticed my clothers were getting a bit tight even before i knew i was pg, would have been around 9-10 weeks. I 'popped' at 17 weeks but i could hide it easily. It wasn't until about 22 weeks that it was obvious.

I think it was around 5 months with my first but as I was PG over winter I was wearing more clothes so people didn't notice. I stopped working at 32 weeks and popped in for a visit 2 days before I was gave birth and my bosses eyes nearly popped out of his head. I also saw a few regular customers thet day and they said they had no idea I was PG. I saw these people almost every day, although I was standing behind a counter.

Soph, I don't think for your first you are opopping late Lady at work whom is tall & due before me, probably same date as you & you cannot tell at all! I am short & have a big round belly this time & people think I am about to start maternity leave !!! I am not due til Sept! But with maddy I was in my usual clothes including jeans & smallish T-shirst showing a tight skinned belly, but not a round preg belly, just a firm one at 22 weeks & at 25 wks people finally started noticing!!! I think it's totally normal you are not popping late!!! I know it is all that my friend from work is waiting for, her usual clothes are too tight, but maternity clothes look like sacks on her! So she feels same as you!!!!

Ah my lovely ladies and voices of reason, love your stories. Make me feel a whole lot happier!!!! Big thankful hugs to you all and if you have any more, bring them on!!!

i didnt start to show until i was about 20 weeks with my first and i could still hide it up till i was 26 weeks.this is my 3rd one and i am 13 weeks and already starting to show.
    every prg is different and the more you have the more you show.
    nikki

I popped at about 6 1/2 months pregnant - and even now, I can still hide the bump!

I am short at 5"3, and baby is lying horizontaly too. I wonder when the big big belly will start to show! :-k