Thread: Anyone tried Booby Bibs?

Question Anyone tried Booby Bibs?

Hi was wondering if anyone has tried Booby Bibs, a maternity nightwear.
    I saw them on New Inventors a while ago and just found their website.

Would appreciate any feedback!

This is what it says

'Introducing a revolutionary new maternity aid for breast feeding mothers

A lightweight, breathable, layered garment that ensures a comfortable night for nursing mothers.

Booby Bibs helps combat mastitis, a condition that develops during lactation that causes painful nipples and breasts and problems with milk ducts.

Booby Bibs also helps with maternal hygiene as it protects sheets, blankets, doonas and mattress, keeping them dry and clean. This greatly cuts back on washing work for mother'

I saw these on New Inventors but didn't know what they were called or where to look for them...I will be interested in what replies you get!

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 - they are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't recommend them enough! Used them with DS and now with DD.

ETA: Here is the thread about them - for leaking breasts - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby - the post after i got them is at the bottom of the page.

Good luck!

Yael - i had a look at your other thread and I'm sold!! I will get one..
    thanks so much for your feedback!!

Oh and with the size, you get your normal size dont you?
    Any preference for cotton or lycra?
    thanks again
    Last edited by prama; November 20th, 2007 at 09:23 PM.

I can't remember what size i originally got - probably a 14 or something, but because i have a large chest (around DD or E when nursing), it didn't fit. I think i swapped it for like a 16 or 18

My daughter is asleep, when she wakes up i'll check for you, if it has the size on it.

oh no worries, Yael. no rush. I suppose by the time I have bub, my boobs will get bigger. I'm a 14D at the moment, so will probaby get to a 16 then..
    Thanks again!!

Yael, do they have any plasticy layer or are they just super-padded with breathable fabric - I'm worried they might not "breathe" as such (leading to thrush problems).

It is this special absorbent fabric, but it doesn't feel plasticy next to my skin, so i'm assuming not. I never wake up feel hot and sticky (well, sticky from breastmilk, but that's inevitable), like you do from some artificial fabrics.

I had really really severe thrush before i got these, and have never had it since.. Not saying it can't happen, just that mine never came back, so i would assume it is not a problem.

Seriously i love these products! One of the best things i ever got, i actually get a comfortable nights sleep, unlike before! And i don't have to wash heaps of bed sheets. But i recommend getting at least 2, as i find i wash them every night or every second night (the lycra ones dry super quick, the cotton a little longer, but the cotton is better as the top is longer).

Reason i wash so much is they end up absorbing heaps of milk over the night, and 1) they will smell i assume if you leave it to long and 2) the end up absorbing less if you leave it longer between washes, and then you end up slightly damp (not soaking like you normally would, but damp none the less).

HTH guys!

Hi Yael, is the cotton or lycra better? Also the zip doesnt look like it goes down low enough to bf.. can you still bf with the top on?

Oh and I just saw your ticker! congrats on your little princess!!!

oooh - I'm so glad I saw this!! I slept in a bra and breastpads last time and for the first few months would have to change breastpads at every feed and would still wake up in a puddle.

I am definitely going to invest in some of these this time around!! Thanks girls!

Sorry guys! Meant to reply but got distracted.

Yes, you can bf in them. The zip doesn't go down so far, but the straps are kind of stretchy, so you can put the top of the top down a little. I've never had any problem feeding in them.

And i got a size 18.

I like the cotton better. They are longer (like reach over your hips, not above your midrift), but the lycra does dry quicker.

Thanks Yael! I'm getting it for sure!

Just thought I'd pop in with another 'go get yourself one!' comment!

I have a lycra one I got second hand, and a cotton one I bought new. I like the cotton one better, just like the feel of it better. But the lycra one dries quicker.

Very comfy though, and yeah, the zip came down far enough for me. SO much better than wearing a bra to bed. Ohhh the freedom!

After reading this thread & checking out the site itself I've scooted over to Ebay & bought the last 2!! $30 for both + post-YAY...