Thread: Appetite

angelique Guest

Default Appetite

Hi everyone,

Does anyone find that sometimes their appetite is not very big? Is this normal or am I just stressing?

Angelique - I ahve found that my appetite has dropped of dramatically - I used to be able to eat the same amount as DH now i have a tiny meal and even then i am full... Although i have started eating allot for breakfast - so hopefully that keeps me going for a while!!
    I hope you appetite returns

angelique Guest

Hey Jacci,

Do u think it is because our stomach is shrinking hehhehe? I can feel that my stomach is getting smaller as my uterus gets bigger as I cant eat large meals like I used to.

Do u think it is normal not to be so hungry all the time?

i have lost 6 kilos. I never actually feel hungry! I eat at morning, lunch and tea - coz that is the times you are meant to eat - but i am not acutally hungry at those times and i will get 1/2 way thru my lunch and then i will be full
    I think my stomach has shrunk allot. I sort of hope it stays small so my eating habits are better......

I told my doctor about it and he doesn't thin its a problem as long as the baby is still growing - he showed me a book that says that you only need to add an extra apple and a tub of yogurht to your diet for the baby to get enough calories a day.

angelique Guest

Hey Jacci,

Thanks for that babe, I feel a little better now. I have been suffering from bad indigestion and eating just makes it worse. I try to eat lightly. I knew that the extra callories was not that much, but just was not sure how to relate callories to food. THanks for that, i dont feel so bad now.

Better that my tummy shrinks as I dont want to ad on any more cellulite than I already have hehhehe.

Will ask my ob on thursday anyway.

xxxooo

DoubleK Guest

Hi Girls, i am the opposite! Before i was pregnant, i had a very very small appetite, i always ate breakfast, and could go all day without food, and have a small dinner.
    Now however, i seem to be eating 3 meals a day, as well as morning/afternoon tea and dessert!

i've been exercising to make sure i dont gain too much weight too quickly!

Rach

Some people find they lose their appetite, others find they gain a lot of it. For me, i had a HUGE appetite during second trimester!

Hey Guys

My appetite has shrunk as well!! I used to eat at least 2 rather large meals a day but I can't fit anything in my stomach any more!!! I eat two pieces of toast and I'm full... it's actually rather devastating with Christmas coming up!!!

By second tri my appetite was pretty much back to normal (after eating like a horse during first tri #-o ) but try not to worry too much, just listen to your body. my OB also said that youtr own weight gain doesnt reflect the health/size of your bub.

my appetite has been pretty normal after losing it in the first tri. I lost 3 kg in the first tri, not thru lack of hunger.. just lack of motivation and ability to decide what to eat! And of course if I got hungry, that made me feel sick.

But now I'm back to normal. I haven't had any cravings or food aversions. I guess the only thing is when I get hungry... I'm -really- hungry. Whereas before I could stretch out my meal times. Now if I"m hungry... must eat! hehe. Haven't had extra weight gain tho. I've put on about 6 kg, so I'm assuming that's all baby related

jelliebean Guest

I had this same query myself as in the last few weeks my appetite has completely gone.....

Usually I'm a good eater but, at the moment i'm not bothered. I'm happy to have brekky and by lunch time i'll just have a snack and that's it for the rest of the day. I constantly feel full!!!!!. It's only coz DP makes me eat tea that I have tea otherwise I would be fine to go without. Baby is still growing well but, i'm sure Im losing weight on myself as I've only put on 2 kgs from the start of pregnancy. And my clothes are lose around some areas like my chest, arms, legs....

As long as baby is growing that's all i care about