Thread: Baby Kicking

angelique Guest

Default Baby Kicking

Hi guys,

How much kicking is enough anyway? My little princess kicks lightly here and there in the daytime. Last night she went crazy at 12:30am heheh.

I am not sure what is normal and what isnt.

Can anyone give any advice on this matter. I also have an anterior placenta

My OB wasn't concerned at all that I wasn't feeling much kicking at around 22 weeks. Even now we have quiet days. I think it depends on the position. If the bubby is facing outwards, I think you feel more, but if facing the back the kicks are dulled. Same with anterior placenta, can dull the kicks so you don't feel them as much.

Don't worry... you'll be feeling plenty of kicking soon enuf!

angelique - I am a few weeks ahead of oyu and I only gets a few kicks here and there, my doctor isn't concerned about it. I actualy didn't feel them until i was about 22 weeks. I get them at night time mainly - maybe my baby will kick more the further along i get in the pregnancy

angelique Guest

It is just another thing to worry about hey?

I guess all the kicking at night makes them tired during the day.

Thanks girls

Hi Angelique

There is no 'normal' for baby kicking. But if you are concerned you could count the number of times your baby kicks you in 24 hours. Do this for a few days and you should find that your baby kicks, on average, at least 10 times a day.

Angelique,
    I have an anterior placenta also and i thought same as you a few weeks ago baby wasnt really kicking much that i could feel or it was very dull but im now at 26 weeks and my lil peanut is kicking me as i type funnily enough. it gets stronger by the day as i am finding and higher up am finally at the point where i can see the kicks and its such a wonderful sight it truely is i sit at night watching tv with my DF and hes never looking at the telly usually my top is pulled up and hes watching for the baby. Every baby is different some dont kick very much at all others go ballistic most of the day. so long as it is still kicking you can be happy with that alone.
    Have a great day
    Mel

I wouldn't panic too much just yet - the whole way through my DS barely kicked enough to make the average that Alan's talking about - even during there most"active" weeks.

This time I'm only 17 weeks and I reckon this one has kicked me more in the last week than DS would have done over months.

abs Guest

haha, Jen has nicknamed Jordan the Gym Junkie - he has been kicking her all day long... several ouwwwws were heard from upstairs during the day today !!!

For DW, some times she can induce allot of movement. In previous PG's, and again in this one if she downs say 2 glasses of OJ, baby gets VERY active for a bit. So you may find a connection to something you do or eat/drink creating more activity than at other times as well. Also like every one has been saying, each baby can be different. Our second child was pretty active, more so than our first. Also, our second loved to push her butt up (some of you have seen baby's feet poke up, well ours was her butt) and have mum pat it.

Geniebean Guest

Mine kicks me when I'm resting or sleeping and it's good solid wollaps. Sometimes it's a little uncomfortable like when she wacks my full bladder or sits on my leg nerve causing a shooting pain to go down my leg.

Everyone experiences different movement. Even though it's sometimes uncomfortable - I like it. I know it's still in there. If you're really worried, ask you Dr but I'd say you're fine...

littlerigger Guest

I'm lucky I guess, Matthew's mum told me Matthew kicked the heck out of her non-stop from the first time she felt movement and it seems he's passed that gene on to the Midget!!
    I felt our first "flutter" and 16 weeks and our first real thump at 17 weeks. The Midget now kicks solidly pretty much all day. I find that I feel it more when I'm kicking back on the couch, lying flat on my back or sitting up straight at work. And I also noticed that the Midget doesnt' like Tim Bailey the weather man on channel 10. He comes on and it's flip time.

I had my Doctors appointment yesterday and he put the doppler on me to hear peanuts heartbeat and it was kicking the doppler you could hear it clear as a bell it would kinda go `gudung gudung gudung Blip! gudung gudung gudung` the doctor found it funny and he said to me can you feel it doing that i said yeah it does it all the time he said well you have one very active baby in there its good too see. I couldnt help but grin and giggle to myself lol
    Have a great day
    Mel

I feel my little preddy kicking, not strongly yet but i do notice the kicks are more during the day/morning.. But it has been interesting to see what you have all said..

Babies certainly have alot of character..

angelique Guest

Mine does exactly the same thing when I put the doppler on it. It does not seem to like it one bit. The noises are a bit scarey hehehehe like its having a kickboxing session in there.

I agree about the baby characters, everyone of them is just so different.

don't want to take over but after my earlier post of kicking intensely for a couple of days I've now had nothing for at least 3 days - I"m starting to be concerned. I know it's early in terms of feeling kicks but once they start I thought they weren't really supposed to stop (completely anyway). My first didn't kick much but I could usually get something everyday day or so.

angelique Guest

Hi Jaspen,

I did not get any kicks as early as u and had my trusted doppler to check on the bub here and there when I felt paranoid. It is a great investment.

I asked my OB about kicking the other day and he said that you should count over 10 kicks in 24 hours, especially after 28 weeks. This is what I do everyday in my head. It may be hard when you are working during the day but try to rest in the morning and at night on the couch whilst having a cold drink and something sugary to eat. U should feel something within a few minutes to an hour.

Try that before you worry too much.

Good luck with it babe

It so funny with what you are all saying, it is all we have go to go by with the kicks and all, as I don't know about everyone else but I feel so normal and my stomach is not huge (being first pregnancy), so I need something to keep me sane. I probably felt something at 14 weeks and only once, then again at 16.5 weeks and a little stronger, but then 18-20 weeks I was feeling alot (only myself), then at 20 weeks I was get great big whappos and even Wade could feel it and then of recent time at 22 weeks Wade even saw my tummy move on several occassions. I still only feel movement mainly when I am laying flat or arched back in a chair though. Anway after getting so many strong kicks, this was keeping a smile on my dile and keeping the worries at bay, but now I don't seem to get much. My kicks up until now were really really low, now I am finding and only when I concentrate alot I am getting dull taps and maybe a little higher. I have had to have a talking to myself as I even started to cry, but atleast I am feeling something I guess. I was just so use to all the massive kicks that though they were here for good. I guess bubba has just moved up???? I think I was just thinking feels like bubba is struggeling is something wrong?

angelique Guest

Hey babe,

I am like that too, sometimes I feel a lot and other times hardly anything. I think it depends on the position of the baby at the time. Mine always hides as low as it can and I feel her kicking my intestine hehehe. Maybe your baby has found a little quiet spot in there somewhere. Don't worry sweetheart, I have been told as you go along they get harder and harder!!