Thread: Baby kicks

Default Baby kicks

My little one has been very active the last couple of days with a lot of kicking and summersults. I can't feel it kick from the outside yet. Because he/she won't give me a chance! Every time i put my hand on my tummy it stops kicking, or kicks in a different spot. I remove my hand, it starts kicking again where my hand was! Has anyone ever had this happen to them? And when did they start feeling it from the outside?

It happened to me with Kameron. It was 20 wks before Andrew felt him kick on the outside. About a week earlier for me.
    With Lachlan we both felt him kick at 15wks (it was Kameron's 2nd birthday party) and then didn't feel him kick on the outside again for a couple of weeks.

Love :smt049

Hi

I can feel bub kick on the inside and the outside but he/she always seems to stop when dh tries to feel it! You will find that as bub grows you will be able to see it too - like ripples or jumps on your belly or even an arm or a leg or something poking out!

Bon

First time I fel bubs kick from the outside was last week, when I was 20 weeks. The funny thing is that I JUST felt it from the outside, not from the inside. But that might have something to do with me having an anterior placenta.

Does anyone else notice, that there are days, when bub seems superactive and then you can go a whole day without any movement? It always makes me worry that something is wrong and then the next day I get lots. (today being one of those no-movement days...aarrrgg... and of course I'm again worried that something has gone wrong...)

Yeah i too notice that. Yeaterday i couldn't feel any movement and i started to worry but then i felt it kick at the end of the day and it kinda reasured me. They must get too worked up on the days there is a lot of movement and then just sleep the next day, like me LOL

Yeah, I get the quiet days and they worry me sometimes but usually if I just have a cold drink and lie down for a while he will start up enough to reassure me.
    My baby has never been very shy about hands but if he does stop moving when DH puts his hand on my tummy if we both just relax and leave the hand there he starts up again pretty soon.
    There have been a couple of kicks that DH has felt but not me on the inside. I have a posterier placenta so I'm not sure that its because of placenta placement. Its kind of interesting so I might ask my midwife next time I see her.

I bent over to brush my hair yesterday and suddenly I had this poking sensation on my left side. Just a little bit painful to be honest. I must have taken space away from bubs and s/he was complaining. It was so funny. It wouldn't stop for a while and I had to talk to my belly and pat it a bit to calm bubs down. I love interacting with my baby... wish it would happen more.
    btw. has anyone heard of haptonomy???
    my friend told me about it but she didn't know a lot herself. I did some research and found it really interesting.

Snowy

Last night I felt heaps of movement for the first time. It ws just like the bubbles, so not kicking yet, and it was really nice to feel. It continued for about 5 minutes just after I had finished off a big bowl of spaghetti bolognaise! DH tried to feel and he thinks he did.

I have the same quiet days, might not feeling anything for a few days and then suddenly lots of action on another day. It makes me wonder if what I am feeling really is the baby moving, but it must be as it is things in my tummy I have only felt since being pregnant!

Is it normal for baby to move around for such a long period of time (5 minutes or longer)?! I was starting to think it was in distress?!

Ooh bubs must know I am talking about him/her, I can feel bubbles right now!

Jess

How exciting Jess

Melinda Guest

Yep Jess, it's normal for the baby to move around for that long - wait until you get to my stage and they can move around for quite an extended period of time! LOL

Here's a trick that I used to do a lot - I'd lie down on the couch and put the remote control on my tummy...it's pretty cool to see it jumping about!

Tootie, I will try that in a few weeks, I dont think the remote would move much if I do it now!

Beth, good luck for Friday, cant wait to hear how it all goes.

Jess

Ever since i have felt bubs kick or move most of the action happened right before i went to bed. Now for about a week Most of the action is in the middle of the day or in the morning or even the whole day through. Has anyone else experienced this or do you know why this could be happening?

Linda Guest

Hi everybody.

This is my first time being pregnant, and the first time I've joined your conversations.

I'm 25 weeks pregnant today, and for the past few days I've hardly felt the baby move. I was out gardening on Sunday (digging a hole and using the crow-bar) and I'm worried I may have done something, although I didn't over-do it (took it slowly and had plenty of rest) and didn't make contact with my belly with any garden tools.

Is it normal to not feel the baby move (I think I've felt slight movements) for a few days?? As I've never been pregnant before so this is all new to me and I'm pretty worried about things. Should I phone the doctor or does anyone have any suggestions with anything I could eat, drink or do to make the baby move to give me some peace of mind??

I have found that when i drink ice cold water or any fizzy drink my baby kicks a lot. Or even when i eat mexican food or when there is loud music playing with bass it will also move around a lot. So you could try those.

Hope this helped.

Welcome Linda! And congrats on your pregnancy.

It's my first pregnancy too, so I'm no expert, but I think it's pretty normal not to feel bubs for a few days. Today (just now) the baby is kicking lots and lots but the last time that happend was Wednesday last week. I had 5 days with just very few kicks and I think a day or maybe even two without any (time seems to slow down to a crawl I find when my snowmonkey doesn't give me a good reassuring kick).

Snowy

Linda Guest

Thanks everybody!!

Last night when I got home from work I had tea with a can of coke, then a warm shower and relaxed on the bean bag in front of the fire. And sure enough, my little tap-dancer started!!!!!! Hubby felt my belly and he could feel it moving about, so I'm much happier today (and last night - good to have a long sleep without worrying). I've even had some movement this morning.

Linda, that is wonderful news!

I haven't really felt much movement (bubbles) since last Wednesday night and I don't think I have felt a kick yet. But I saw my boy on u/sound yesterday so he is just sleeping lots.

Although just then I ate a few jelly beans and am drinking ice cold water and I suddenly got a heavy feeling in my tummy and then a quick pain on my left side. I guess it could be a kick but it isn't what I expected to feel?! It has probably happened 3 times today but over the space of 7 hours so when it happens it doesn't happen again for me to expect it and analyse the feeling!

The heave feeling seems to happen every few days and I cant say I ever felt it before pregnancy - it normally lasts for about 5-10mins. Could that be bubs changing positions or resting in a cramped spot??

Jess