Thread: Baby movements?

Default Baby movements?

I am 17 weeks.Just wondering how much baby movement should i be feeling.Should they be still flutters or tiny kicks? I got the flutters quite a bit but latley i havnt felt anything and sometimes if i do i think its my imagination as it wasnt strong enought to tell.I have had a glass of cold milk a couple of times thinking it will make bubs move but nothing.I am hoping the dr will find the HB this afternoon as im abit worried.

maggie Guest

Hi

I am almost 19weeks, and for the last few wks, i have been feeling little flutters, no kicks though, sometimes its like a tapping then other times it is like something is tickling me from the inside, really weird

I dont have a scan for another week, so i take these little flutters as comforting,, (i pray its just not gas)

Good luck with the scan, i am sure it will all be fine

Lorin Guest

hey Caddie

I am 16 weeks and i can't say i have felt anything im quite a small person so i would have thought i would start feeling little flutters that every body is talking about. I probably have but havn't noticed.
    But is this your first child, my doc says that first babies you probably wont feel much at all till around 20, 21 weeks.
    Im sure your lil one is doing fine, don't worry your little self as bubs feels everything. Just go their confident and remember your bubs is still very small so you probably wont feel anything for a little while longer
    But hopfully some other people have more info for you, wish you all the best of luck tonight. Take Care of you and bubs

caddie goodluck for later today. I only felt flutters at 17wks as well when I was preg with Kameron.

Lachlan gave me 2 swift kicks at 15wks and then i felt nothing again for a couple of weeks

Love

I started to feel movement (just flutters) with Emily at about 16 weeks and it was very sporadic until probably 19-20 weeks. There were definitely many days where I felt nothing at all. I think this is common when movement starts, as the baby still has alot of room to move without bumping the sides I'm sure everything is fine

Thanks for your reassurance girls,i am being abit of a worry wart at the moment! I will let you know what happens this arvo.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

How did you go Caddie?

Yes, there was a strong heartbeat so i am happy.He said acording to my last u/s that this time bubs is in front of placenta so i will feel it more when it does decide to do stronger kicks.He said with my daughter millana the placenta was in front of her so it acts like a barrier.And less strong.He hadnt heard of milk making bubs move due to coldness.He thought that it was strange! I have felt bubs tonight so he/she must have liked the marshmellows.Thanks for easing my mind girls.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh that's so great to hear. I was told the cold drink trick by a midwife at the hospital when I was worried, obviously not a well known trick

I didn't properly feel the baby kick until about 21 weeks +. I think it varies.