Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby movements

Default Baby movements

Hi everyone ,

My name is Simone im 22 weeks pregnant now and was feeling baby move around heaps last week. I had a clinic appointment with the doc yesterday and he said the heatbeat is good. But im not feeling baby so much now .
    Im getting a bit worried seeing as i read a few other threads saying i should feel baby move at least 10 times a day.

Just wondering from how many weeks should i feel the baby move 10 times a day, should i be worried by not feeling baby as much?

I wouldn't worry too much about movement at the moment. I don't feel much movement now and i am nearly 30wks as long as i feel something during the day i try not to worry.
    If you are still worried in a few days time call the hospital so they can check everything is ok.

I know it's hard not to worry.

Hi Simone
    Around 22 weeks, not all women can even feel their baby move so you're lucky there
    Babies are little humans, who have their up and down days... perhaps your baby is enjoying a rest, storing up some energy so it can kick you like crazy in a few days time.
    If you're really worried... have an ice cold glass of water and lay down or sit down for a while... it will sometimes get the bubba moving.

I agree Lisa,
    Those icy cold drinks (i love mine with pelenty of ice) really get my bubs moving.
    Maybe you have been just so rushed during the day that you dont notice bubba moving? I know that If I am not sitting down or laying down for a rest during the day, I dont notice any movements, yet as soon as I have a nice cold drink at night, and let myself rest for a while, bubs starts doing aerobics lol.
    Try not to worry too much hun. :hugs:

Hi Simone...I am the same - also due same day as you. I am 22 weeks tomorrow and some days this little beach ball is bouncing and kicking so much then the next day hardly anything. I have a glass of cold cordial and either lay down or sit on the lounge for a little while and usually that gets something started.

You should come and join our belly buddy group due at the end of March...lots of lovely girls and we're all around the same stage.

Hi,
    I also agree with what the ladies have said. But i wish i had the same problem!! My bubba kicks me most of the day and especially at night! I think the quietest he has been is for 3 hrs. And thats when i normally have a nanna nap. Try not to worry, have that icy drink.

Hi Simone,

Try not to worry too much about not being able to move. As one of the other girls said, it is pretty unusual to be able to feel movement at 21 weeks. The baby is pretty small right now so can hide pretty well from us! It's also pretty common to not feel regular movements before 27 weeks. But I can totally sympathise with you - my bubba is playing games with my head - I'm sure of it! Some days it is so active and then other days I feel nothing! I hope you feel something soon to put your mind at rest.

MG

Smile

Thanks to all 4 replying!

Its hard being a first timer and not knowing too much. U tend to rely on what everyone else says and does.

Thankfully my mind is at rest seeing as i felt baby kick a couple of times this afternoon. I guess i am lucky to feel baby so early.

Ozziehofie- i tried to join our belly group a couple of times by sending my details to the mod but i havnt been added, so im not sure if im doing the right thing, ill have to get my sis-in-law to help me out.

Thank you all for your advice
    Simone

Simone, you don't have to be added to the group to join the Belly Buddies - just get posting! I'm sure they'd all love to meet you.

I'm like ScorpioMum in that I have a really, really active baby: just won't stop! I get pummelled to bits and woken up in the dark hours (baby hasn't stopped all morning - even when bub is asleep I still get slower, less strong wriggles). On the plus side, my baby does kick all my midwives too! However, other girls in my Belly Buddies thread aren't getting anywhere near so many movements: sometimes the baby is asleep, or kicking your insides, or the placenta is in the way.

Don't rely on what someone else tells you is "normal" - what's happening for you, for this pregnancy, is the only normal. And that will shift again with the next! Yes, people say that you're too small/big, you're having a boy/girl, or whatever else comes into their little heads without any thought of what it will do to you... just ignore them. If you're not throwing up, then it's normal not to. If you are, then that's your normality. Don't let other people tell you what your body should be doing!

However, it's also great to know that your normal is someone else's normal, so don't be afraid to ask. Just don't listen to people telling you that something's wrong because it's not their normal!

HTH!

Hi Simone,

I am 23weeks also I sometimes dont feel baby move very much, but some days it just wont stop. Monday I barely felt baby move at all. like the others ave said, i think they sometimes just rest, and theres probably still a bit of room in there for bub to move without you feeling it.

you can just show up at the belly buddies group and start chatting, doesnt really matter if your details havent been added yet.

Simone, as everyone else has said you will feel different ammounts of movements day to day. Some days baby can be really active and other days he will like a nice quite day. All that is important is that bub is till moving around.

You are very lucky to be able to feel him now, and even luckier to be able to feel movements on the outside. I think bub is going to be a nice healthy strong little person already.

I agree to hun, get your butt over to the belly buddies group and start chatting.

Oh and BTW I love your ticker pic. Your bf is a honey

Firstbump Guest

Hi Simone,

I am a first timer to and my Bub seems to move around heaps some days and then the movement drops right off but I know its hard not to worry.
    I have not yet been able to decipher any routine, but I have just been trying to relax on the quiet days and wait for bub to move.

Firstbump, as time goes on and as bub gets bigger s/he will start to get into a pattern. You will be able to work out there routine, if you like. Most of the time you will find they follow the same sort of times on the outside for a little bit too

My bub is 25 weeks and I have been feeling movement from very early on but there are very quiet days and I cant help but give my tummy a poke ha ha..move! Bub usually abliges with a little kick or poke back. Simone the other things that I find makes movement feel really prominant is lying on my back on the couch or bed or if I am sitting at a desk and leaning forward..probable feelin squahed and complaining!
    I know what you mean though, I always worry when I dont feel anything for a while

PSML Netty...I do that too...I give a little poke or put my hands on either side of my belly and give a little wobble and it usually gets a reaction. I sometimes inadvertantly squash bubs though (bending over packing house to move) and get a complaint pretty fast!

LOL, yep i tried that and believe me it works!
    I know now everything is ok. I went on my weekly shopping spree today (this time i had money, lol) and bubs was kicking all over the place. The cold drink works a treat aswel, i wondered why i felt bubs move a bit more b4 bed, its cause i always have a cold drink of water.

Oh, and Trish... i think calling ur brother a honey is a little bit grossss!LOL

ROFL ...Trish do you feel embarrassed??

Simone, when I was at OB appt today I asked her if poking and prodding a giving a bit of a belly wobble will hurt the baby and she said no...I went phew that's good cos I do it if things have been a bit quiet!! hehe. Although today is NOT a quiet day...making up for yesterday I think.

Cass, no, not at all. I think it's great I think my brother is cute. Afterall, we have half of the same gene pool so I have to say that hey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast