Thread: Baby sleeping thru ultrasound

Default Baby sleeping thru ultrasound

Hi all. This is my first time, so i am probably a little paranoid. but, at my 15week check up, obs did ultrasound as well, and the baby didnt move much at all. At my 12/13week screen, baby slept most of the time, but, still wriggled and stretched out, but at this ultrasound, the obs said to me, 'its ok, i have seen it move'. admittly, the obs ultrasound set up is not as sophisicated as at the place where i had my 12week screen.
    Is this like normal, part of me is concenered why the baby is always asleep. i had 2 cups coffee waiting to see dr, so i figured it would be doing cartwells cause i dont normally drink coffee.
    And, do you reckon that a baby sleeping lots now, means it going to be a good sleeper?
    Thanks

Mum2bee
    Try not to worry hum. Your baby will sleep when he needs to. He will have days when he is very active and he will have days when he is very sleepy. If you want to you could start a ‘kick chart’. Count the number of times that your baby moves, it should be more than ten in a day. If you really need to, just before your next U/S have an icy cold glass of water or lemonade. That should get your baby moving.

I would try not to worry, esp. as your Ob wasn't concerned. I'll get my bub to send some jumpy vibes to yours, our recent u/s took aaaages because we have a brat child that wanted to do acrobatics the whole time LOL! I'm sure all will be fine at your next u/s

I had Mason sleeping through the 18 weeks u/s till they made me drink some cold water to try and make him move over so they could see something better.
    Caleb was sound asleep with his arms wrapped around his legs and his feet over his face during his 3d scan at 26 weeks. It was very cute.
    I wouldn't be too concerned. It could just be unfortunate that the ultrasound coincided with bubbas quiet time. I joked that maybe they should do ultrasounds at night time as mine were always super active when I was trying to relax and watch a bit of teev.

Bean also didn't move much at our 19week scan - the sonographer had to poke and prod him/her, quite hard, just to be able to see all the things they need to see.

Even my Mum who was so excited about the prospect of seeing the DVD of the ultrasound said to me that it wasn't that much more exciting than the still photos, because Bean was so still LOL.

We did a 3D scan when I was 26wks that went for 1.5hrs cause Ashton was asleep. We finally got an arm to move so we could get a photo of his face.

Love

Chelsea slept thru her 20 week scan as well. She wriggled a bit but never woke up at all. She did yawn once and that was the best sight i could have ever seen. If your OB isnt worried... then dont u be either...Goodluck

thank you all for your feedback. i feel much better for hearing your stories.

My 12 week one it didnt move really at all did a bit of a flex when she first put the probe on but then it just sat back and relaxed...

It is much more active now i can feel it hehehehehe its great - But it usually dosnt move much in the mornings (Like mum) and my appointment is 9am so hopefully bubs gets into action for the big show..

We find out the sex next Sat - i am so excited.