Thread: Baby's movement has stopped

Unhappy Baby's movement has stopped

Hello again everyone

I started to feel my little pumpkin move in my belly just after 15 weeks. I was 18 weeks on Sunday but for the past few days I havenít felt any movement at all. Is there any reason why movement should be slowing at this stage or should I be calling my doctor?

Renee

Drink something sweet and lay down for an hour or so. If you haven't felt any flutters and you're worried it can't hurt to give your doctor a call. What did the initial movement feel like?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

reneenay, I had exactly the same thing as you hun. I had been feeling baby move from about 14 weeks, then at about 17/18 weeks I had felt nothing for nearly a week. I ended up ringing my Ob and he said that generally you don;t feel them till later and almost certainly when you do strat feeling them earlier, they are so little that all they need to do is change positions and their kicks are not strong enough to feel and that you go through a period/s of not feeling them.

If you are still concerned though, definately call your Ob/midwife

I had the same thing too, but around 20 weeks after feeling movements since 14 weeks, there movements are small at that stage and hard to feel and often you have to really concentrate to feel them. Put your feet up and drink something sugary, I found that always worked as I was concentrating on it rather than being busy.

Definately call your dr if you are worried still.

Thanx Natalie. I have tried having a cool drink and lying flat whilst watching TV but nothing. I thought watching cops might have caused a little excitement in there ha-ha.
    I have also tried having a warm shower and laying down.
    The movements before felt like the twitches you would get in the eye except in my belly.

To be honest im really starting to worry myself. I had a terrible dream last night which just showed how worried I am, it wasnt nice.

Renee,

I am sure that everything is OK hun! I didnt feel Avaleigh until 19wks and then not again until about 20wks and now I feel her heaps. I think because your belly has popped out a bit more, your bub has a bit more room to move around and it not touching the sides as often.

I was like you before my 19wk scan, I was sooo worried that something had happened because I hadnt felt her move. It was very reassuring to see her on the screen, movin around and all healthy. You have a bit of a wait until your next scan, maybe you should see if you can move it to when you turn 19wks?? Cause then the wait to knowing that everything is OK is a lot shorter!

Renee,

Those movements might not have been bubs...a few of us in the July thread felt those movements at around that point and it felt really wierd I did some research and asked around, that sorta feeling is our blood increasing and pumping around, I also got those feelings in a few other places around my body around the same time. I'm sure you'll feel bubs soon but obviously I'm not a Dr so maybe give ur care providera call and just let them know. Also I have periods where Noah moves heaps and then other times not so much. But I know in the last month or so bubs has become so much easier t feel and I feel him all thr time without any concerntrating at all so I'm sure you will start to get some great kicks sometime soon!!!

hi Renee

I had a scary day the other day too as I didnt feel the baby, it especially scared me as he had been so active the day before. In the evening I lay down and took big deep slow breathes and did some pelvic exercises. Pretty soon afterwards I got some movements. I figured maybe he was really tired from the day before and just needed a day of rest!!

Renee, I know how you feel, it's a bit scary. All I'm going to say is if you're worried,ring your Dr. I'm sure everything's fine, but a little reassurance never goes astray! Good luck hun

Thank you everyone. I have just called my hospital and they said I can come in this afternoon. The midwife I spoke to was really fantastic and she made me feel really....important? I was worried she would think I was silly but she was really understanding and didnt hesitate to make room an appointment. Pheeew

Thinking of you Renee,

Hope everything went well at the hospital this arvo.

Good luck Renee, hope all is well with your little one.

Just got back from the hospital and everything is fine. The midwife was so lovely I just wanted to give her a big hug! She made me feel like I was the one doing the right thing by being there, like I was helping her. Bubs heart was beating away nicely. She did mention that something could of moved forward and thats why I cant feel the movements as strong? I cant remember what she said I was too busy listening to the heartbeat..oops.
    As I am typing this bubs is giving me little kicks!!! Looks like ive got a naughty baby on my hands already.

Glad that bubs is still wriggling around in there!!

Thats fantastic Renee!