Thread: Bad hair

Smile Bad hair

The last few weeks my hair has turned very dry and brittle.
    Does any one know a remedy for this? I'm a bit nervous about using conventional "chemical" conditioners and hair moisturisers. Is there something abit more natural?
    Lisa

Lisa- I use normal conditioner but only apply it from half-way down the hair length to the tips, so it's not against my scalp. This way you won't absorb it. I tried the Natural instinct range from the chemist which has no nasty stuff in it, but it didn't work very well.

Try a leave in moisturiser if your hair isn't fine...that works wonders for me.

kirbstar23 Guest

Hows the hair going now????

I'm a hairdresser... just wondering how oftern you wash your hair? Cause the more you wash it the more brittle it will become.

Try and get away with washing it once or twice a week, and ensure you are brushing it multiple times a day... that way your natural oils get all the way through your hair. They are 100% natural and much, much better than any conditioner will ever be!

Good Luck with it.

Love Kirby
    xoxo

Olive oil is supposed to be really good - but I imagine that it's pretty darn messy! I think that you just get a little bit, comb it through your hair, leave for about 15-20 minutes, then wash as usual. You might need to wash a couple of times though! Haven't tried it myself though...

Well my hair came down to my bottom, so I was washing it only once a week anyway, but on Friday I got the sh**s with it and had it all cut off, it now just touches my shoulders. Easier to manage anyway. We'll see how it goes now.
    Lisa

Probably a good idea, Lisa. The baby is bound to get tangled in it. My hair is shoulder length and pulling it is one of Daniel's most favourite things to do. It is paaaaainful!!

I also found that when I had Daniel and he was an nb, doing my hair was the last thing I was worried about. I think next time I will shave my head aka: Ripley in Alien 3.