Thread: banging tummy. Tummy in the way.

Default banging tummy. Tummy in the way.

Hi girls,

The last 2 weeks I have managed to hit my tummy twice and have been very worried.

The first time was when hubby was starting the lawn mower and the handle hit me in the tummy when he pulled back to start it.

Then today when we where driving I lent between the front seats to pass something over the back to my daughter and my tummy hit the middle console.

I havent had any blood or pain, and the baby is kicking but I wonder if I have hurt him by breaking bones or anything else? It was such a big shock coz it happened so fast. (Both times.)

Has anyone else hit their tummys too????? I just dont know when I should get worried??

Thanks, all input would help.

I took out the corner of the bench a few times. It hurt quite a bit

The uterus is quite strong so it would take quite a hard knock to do damage but if you're concerned at all then don't hesitate to see the Dr to be safe.

i wouldn't worry either at little knocks like that,baby is well cushioned in there, i have a 20 month old DD who crawls all over my tummy with elbows and knees digging in all the time and i had my 18 weeks ultrasound today and geez do they press hard to look a some things ! but of course if you are concerned get yourself checked out

I wedged myself in a gate (i have horses) the other day, thinking the gap was big enough to slide in sideways, when I was quite clearly too big lol. I also bumped myself on the bench the other day. I think there is way too much fluid, muscle, fat, uterus etc in the way for a bump like what you described to do any damage, surely we'd all be locked up in padded rooms if it was that easy to hurt our bubs? I still intend on asking my OB on monday to double check everything for me and run it by him, but yeah, I am pretty sure that you would be ok.

when I was 36 weeks pregnant I got up to answer the phone and stumbled up the hallway, tripped and fell and landed straight on my stomach, winded myself quite badly and all was fine with bubs, so I really wouldn't worry about it, bubs is nice and protected in the fluid.

Just to make you laugh, I always get my belly caught in the fridge... you know when you stand in the fridge door looking wondering what you want, well I forget to step back before closing it, and am ofrever squashing me belly!!!

PS I am sure bubs will be fine, as others have said, there is enough padding etc to safe guard them!

Thanks girls,

Its hard when you are heavy and clumsy not to hit your stomach. I think all I can do is try to be more careful.

DS gave me a huge bump this morning when he bashed into my stomach (he kind of sat down on it when i was lying on my side). it wasn't a huge impact and I wouldn't be worried about it except that it really hurt and I still feel quite sore. phoned my ob and they said she'll call me back in the afternoon - so presumably they don't think it's too urgent.

I walked into the edge of an open car door at about 19wks my dd opened it while I was walking around the car, I had this massive bruise from pubic bone to about my belly button it really hurt too but baby was fine still wriggling and growing, had my 20week scan the following week and all was perfect it really hurt when they rubbed the doppler over my bruise though

My friend recently fell down 3 stairs at her house, whilst 34 weeks pregnant and fell DIRECTLY ONTO HER BELLY (her hands didnt go out for some reason and she is a big girl) she raced to hospital, got tests etc etc and all was fine they said just go home and rest.
    She was so bruised and so worried....

Last week little Luke was born, healthy & happy!!! very cute too