Thread: Belly Button Piercings

Lorin Guest

Default Belly Button Piercings

Hi
    i took ym 2 belly button piercings out about 3 weeks ago and they dont look like they are closing up. I have had them done for over 2 years, should i have taken these out earlier. I am 19 weeks!
    Did you body leave theres in and not get a stretch whole or does the whole stretch no matter what?

A friend of mine took her's out at around 25-30 weeks, and hers has closed nicely and looks fine...

I might take a while to heal... or it could end up like your ears and stay there for ever??? You'll just have to wait and see.

Sorry really not much help at all am I??

Lorin Guest

No thats great help. So atleast i have given it abit of time. Thanks

I had to take mine out at 24wks with DD and about 20 weks with DS - he was a much bigger baby!

ETA: I haven't got round to putting it back in. I think the hole's closed up but it wasn't for ages.

Lorin Guest

Wardygirl - so when you took your belly bars out at 24 week, did the whole stretch. And was the holes still open afterwards or did you have to have them repeiced

It stretched a little and it did close up. Can't remember when though. I had it pierced about 18 month after DD was born, only because I didn't get around to it before then!

allyfield Guest

Hi,

Just thought I would let you know I kept my belly ring in the whole time I was pregnant with my DS and had no problem with it, I am going to keep it in again this time round too. I just use to rub heaps of Palmers Coco butter over it.

I took mine out before I got married and had Lucie about 2 years later. The hole is still there and it stretched heaps when I was pg and looks very wierd. I think I might just have been unlucky though.

I have left mine in for the whole of my first 2 pgs & doubt I will take it out this time either. I took it out now & then towards the very end depending on what I was wearing as it would get cought on things now & then from sticking out so far LOL.
    I don't think my hole will ever close. I can see that it has moved lower then what it was to start with but it still looks normal. Just lucky I guess.

I've had my belly button peirced for 12 years. I removed the ring during my 1st and 2nd pg's at around 30 weeks and put it back in soon after the birth no probs. The skin stretches and I did get some small stretch marks but they were only small and barely noticeable. I've already taken it out this time as I'm confident it will go back in again.

my SIL left hers in for all 3 pregs.. She had 2 natural ( both induced due to high BP ) and 1 c/s ( breech) so she took them out the morning of her birthing day.. Then out it back a couple of days later.. Looks good.. no probs for her

DoubleK Guest

i took my barbell out about 25 weeks i think, my piercing wasn't very deep and i had the tiniest barbell in it that u can buy, its more like a slit of skin than a deep piercing, because i always planned to get the bottom of my belly button pierced deeply wit a barbell in upside down (IYKWIM)

so now it just looks the same, but as my belly button is completely flat, it looks a little stretched and flat.. hard to explain! but the hole is still there, once a week i put a ring thru to check!

allyfield Guest

When I had my c-section with my son they just covered it with a big bandaid they never took it out.

I took mine out quite early on - mostly due to DP (not sure why he was so insistent it come out but out it came!!!)

Mine's quite red and has stretch marks but hasn't closed over at all (I have had it for 8 years though!)