Thread: Belly feeling softer ? ? ?

Firstbump Guest

Red face Belly feeling softer ? ? ?

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone's belly sometimes feels softer and smaller.
    I have had a day and a bit where bub seems a little less active. I am still feeling him move around and kick, but it seems a little different and my belly seems a little smaller and softer.
    My belly button has been sticking right out introducing itself to the world for quite a few weeks now, and atm it seems to hardly be making its usual effort either.

Just wondering if I am worrying unnecessarily ? ?

Hi firstbump,
    My belly gets softer sometimes, it all depends on where my bubba is laying. I wouldnt stress too much, aslong as your still feeling atleast 10 movements a day you should be ok if you are too worried about the movements i would see your OB/DR.
    My Belly button has only just made itself noticeable to the world, but i have a hernia in mine aswell.

Mine always got like that midway through the 2nd Trimester. Like Scorpiomum said that it can be because of where bubs is and I also noticed that my tummy got squidgy right before I had a huge blowout LOL and I think it was just my body preparing for the baby to have it's end of trimester growth spurt.

Mine too is squishy. I fondly refer to my bump as my growing fat pile - nothing like the firm bellies all my friends have! But so long as I can feel bubba move at least 10 times a day I don't worry about it too much....

MG

Hi Firstbump.. I also get the same thing - sometimes my belly feels rock hard and sometimes its not as hard. Sometimes my bump also sticks out more than other times. My belly button is starting to turn inside out, and it seems to stick out more when my tummy is harder. I just assumed it was because of the position which baby was laying. I dont worry though - as long as I can feel baby moving, I figure it must be ok!

I felt like mine got small a little over a week ago but then I had a big growth spurt and noticed that my belly now sticks out quite a bit just under my boobs whereas before it started a bit lower down. It's getting more difficult to sit for long periods of time. Maybe your body is just preparing for a big growth. For me it has always happened in spurts not gradually.

I can wobble my belly like a bowlful of jelly! It's horrid. Even just after a growth spurt it still wobbles. It also flollops around when I'm in bed. It only feels hard when I'm having a BH contraction or when the baby is pressed up against it.

Firstbump Guest

Thank you all so much for your replies - it has made me feel much better...

I found mine got that way thru the 2nd trimester