Thread: Belly ring- removal- when?

colleeg Guest

Default Belly ring- removal- when?

Hi all
    just wanted to know those of you who have navel rings; when or if you have removed them.
    is there a need to?
    i know mine is streching a lot out of the actual belly hole & moving more upwards.
    also if you do take it out i assume it heals up?

colleeg

Ask your DR... I was told I could leave mine in, but took it out as it made a lomp in my tops & was rubbing uncomfortably...
    But that was my choice!

My sister put in a temp plastic thing while she was pregnant so the hole didn't close over.

Personally i don't have one!!

Best of luck

*Megan* Guest

We have had recent discussion about this in the 2nd tri forum as lots of girls in there have a belly ring (including me) The general consensus was - that if your skin is thining around the piercing, you may want to think about taking it out...it is such as personal decision though as everyone is different. I will be keeping mine in for as long as possible - as I won't be getting it pierced again!!

My belly button is starting to pop out and this is pushing the bar up, so it may have to come out sooner then anticipated.

Good luck with whatever you decide...

Megan

HERE is another thread where we discussed it a few months ago.

I took mine out a few weeks ago, but run the bar through every few days to keep it open.

With my first pregnancy I kept mine in all the way but did put a normal ear sleeper in towards the end just for comfort as that sat flat & didn't rub on clothes etc.
    With my second I took it out around 30 weeks I think with the intention of putting the sleeper in again but I never got around to doing it.
    With both pregnancys I had comments from Ob & M/W about how I would have to take that out soon. But I didn't see the need. I had no problem what so ever with the hole closing. I have had mine pirced for about 6 or so years so maybe thats why. But I don't think its like your ears I can't see it healing over?

With my DD, I had mine taken out about 24 weeks. They offered to put a bit of fishing line stuff in it so the hole wouldn't close up. The thought of having a piece of mouldy fishing line in my belly didn't appeal, so I let it close over, and got it re-pierced when DD was about 18 months. This was just when I happened to get it done, no reason for the delay.

This time round I'm nearly 18 weeks. So far so good. I guess I'll get it removed when the skin starts to stretch too much.

Cheers,

Rachel

I still have mine in. I kept it in right through my last pg too. It's not for the faint hearted though. I bump mine every other day and the pain is shocking when I hit it. Think back to when it was done if you bumped it. I have really been thinking about taking it out lately. I know that it will close up if I take it out and I know that the chances of me going and getting it redone are very slim. I've had it for alittle over 5 years now and it's the second time I've had it done. It only really hurts when bub decides to push up under my belly button and that makes the skin extra tight there.

I had the Dr's and midwifes tell me to take it out last time, I have only copped that a few times this pg. I figured if I could keep it in the whole time last pg, even through my c section(they weren't happy about that either) then why not keep it this time too.

Take care
    Trsh