Thread: Best pos to feel bub first movements

Question Best pos to feel bub first movements

Hi

I am really hanging out to feel my bub's first movements but I am real figitty and cant stay still for a long time. I try and lay on my back when going to bed for a lil while but I very quickly just roll over and go to sleep!!

So whats the best position to be in to try and feel bub's first movements?

i don't know what the best position is, but i felt bub at 14 weeks while i was lying on my back in bed late at night. i was totally relaxed, i think that probably helped. hope you feel some movements soon

try laying on your back and gently prodding/putting light pressure on your belly - they respond to stimulation LOL

I have been poking a lil bit but then I stop cause I think I could be upsetting bub!! LOL I Guess I just gotta be patient and it'll happen soon..

I felt the first movements while watching telly on the recliner. I agree, I think it's good to be relaxed. Also, have a cold drink of juice first - the cold and the sugar are supposed to stimulate baby too.

Yep - you have to be relaxed and still. I feel Tia usually every night after dinner when i'm sitting on the lounge relaxed. Then lying down in bed before i go to sleep. Do you know if your placenta is anterior cause if it is you prob won't feel any strong movements til a bit later on - as the placenta cushions a bubs kicks. Good luck - hope you feel bub soon

The first time I could feel my bub moving was at about 19 weeks, and I was lying on the couch on my back. I feel them more when I am lying or sitting around doing nothing.

oh and in the early stages of first preg for some reason i felt the baby move easier if i had my hand on my stomach...it took quite awhile before i just felt it without my hand?? ((i always felt the movements inside, not on my hand to clarify!)

Hi V!

Long time no speak! Glad to see everything is going well for you! Nearly 4 months already!! Time goes quick does'nt it!

I first felt Briley move when i was 19 weeks. I was laying half on my side half on my stomach going to sleep when i felt 4 kicks on the side i was lying on. For me it just felt like 4 little spasms. Like when you get a spasm in your eye or your lip. Thats me though. I have'nt heard or seen of many women having the same feeling as me. A lot of women describe it as butterflies or flutters.

As some of the others have said, a cold drink is apparently good. The midwifes tell you that if you have'nt felt bubs move for a while, have a really cold drink and lay down for a while. Maybe do that before you go to bed at night.

Either way you will feel something soon and you'll know when you do.

So it seems like the best position to feel bub's move is lying down! As I thought cause because kinda flattens down...

Rae - I am not too sure what the position of the placenta is. The u/s guy didnt mention where it was. If it was at the front would have they said that it was at the front?

Well last night a did feel a few lil twinge pulse feelings around where bub's is. So maybe...... that was bubs?! Not sure, I just want a big kick to be certain!! I know that I will soon feel something but as a first time mum, I am really hanging out to experience a baby moving inside.

2nd_time_mum Guest

I was told by a midwife when i didnt feel bubs kick after a couple of days having already felt him to drink a cold sugary drink like coke or cordial which usually wakes them up and gets them active so everytime i want to feel bubs i do hehe and it works so maybe try that