Thread: BH only on one side?

Default BH only on one side?

Does this seem weird? Sometimes it's the whole tummy that goes all hard, but then sometimes I have what feels like a BH contraction, but my tummy only feels really tight on one side, and a bit squashier on the other.

Any ideas would be welcome. I guess it's not worrying me that much since I haven't rung the birth centre yet! I don't see my midwife team again until 30w, so if anyone has similar kinds of experiences I'd love to hear, or if I should be talking to the midwives about it now.

tia,

bec

Hello, Bec.

I have absolutely no idea, lol. When you say it feels tighter do you mean when you are touching it with your hand?

if you are at worried, especially at 25 weeks, your best off giving your bc a call. are they getting closer together, or still there after your have a shower or lay down?? hope they settle down

I would say that bubs is probably having a wiggle around and maybe you are feeling the back on one side, and the absence of anything on the other? Would that make sense?
    Backs are really, really hard, and if they are pushing out a fair bit, it could be that.

That could be it, because my stomach kind of looks lopsided when it happens! They aren't painful at all, I only notice them if I have my hand on my tummy. And not regular like contractions (not that I'd know what that would feel like, but really not regular at all). I guess it could be a back or a head. He's very active, especially when I first lie down, then settles down.

Yup - I was very lopsided with my BH. LOL - I used to try and cover it up! It was later in the pg tho when you could really see it. OB said it can be lopsided coz of the position of the baby.

Hi Sasha - my BH start on one side and go over like a wave until the whole thing is hard and feels really tight like I'm tensing my muscles. Could be that bubs is making it more noticable on one side or maybe bubs is pushing really hard on one side. How many are you getting a day? You should call dr if they are bothering you too much

I'm not sure how many I'm getting, I guess it can't be that many, because I really don't notice them unless I'm actually sitting down and being aware of what my tummy's doing, you know? I'll check with the midwife when I go next, but it starts annoying me I'll give them a ring.

The reason I now think it's baby and not BH is because yesterday when I felt it, I pushed with my hand where it was hard and "contraction" moved over heh heh, so I'm guessing he's just active and moves about a bit.

Sasha I get that too, especially in the last couple of weeks. Sometimes its hard all over which I thought might be a BH but other times its hard down one side... My belly also looks lop sided when it happens too. I wasnt sure if it would be a BH or if it is due to the position of baby, like it is poking its bum out to one side or trying to turn over or something.

I get them mainly on my left side. I've had BH's since 12 weeks as I have an irritable uterus and they've always been more obvious and stomach is harder on that side.

By the sounds, it could well be the baby!