Thread: a bit worried, just need some reassurance

Default a bit worried, just need some reassurance

Hi guys

i just wanted to ask if any of you have experienced this before, so that you can tell me to stop worrying and get over it O

I went for a walk this afternoon, a little bit longer than usual but nothing huge, about half way i started to feel dizzy so i slowed down then i got really overheated and sweaty for a couple of minutes and felt like i was going to vomit and got really scared, so i slowed down to snails pace all the way home.

i don't know why this happened cause i had plenty of food in my system i had a healthy lunch and i made sure i had a glass of water before i left.

I feel okay now but my fingers were swollen for a while after i got home.

I have been worried about putting on too much weight during pregnancy but this experience has taught me to stop being selfish and just get fat and happy and healthy for the baby 8-[

thankyou for reading this, in the logic part of my brain i know that everything is fine and i just over did it a bit but i would love a bit of good old reassurance

Widdly I don't think you have anything to worry about has you BP been fine during you doc visits?
    You just need to slow down a bit

Thankyou so much guys

I am crying after reading your posts musr be relief. I feel ridiculous sometimes cause i know the answer to my worries but i still worry until i get reassurance. thankyou so much for your support

theresa - think i might invest in a pregnancy yoga video i have a normal yoga video but i think i'd hurt myself now doing some of those stretches

Hi there

Same thing happens to me - as a matter of fact last Saturday went to do the groceries and was so puffed half way sat down and DH finished it off.

If it's any concelation - i was up at 4am doing Yoga stretches - helps my hips to stretch a little - otherwise i walk around like a pregnant toad - lol

dianna

I had that happen alot during PG because I had low blood pressure & got dehydrated really easily. Drink heaps and heaps of fluids & take them along with you on walks

I'm exactly the same as Christy....I haven't been able to do much as my low blood pressure makes me dizzy the moment I walk too much etc.

Just a word of warning; if you haven't been particularly active try to take it easy rather than suddenly deciding to do some brisk exercise. Your heart rate will likely accelerate if you do too much which can cause bubs to get distressed.

Oh I can empathise with you Widdly. During the morning sickness period this was a problem for me too. I was starting to wonder whether I'd suddenly become hideously unfit overnight because I didn't realise that pregnancy could make a person so prone to exhaustion. I've always loved my walks but couldn't do them at all until I was 14 weeks. The dizziness is a bit scary, isn't it? I think it's our body's way of telling us to slow down A LOT and take it a bit easier.

Dianna ... ditto me with the shopping too. I hated doing the groceries because the effort was just too much!

Widdly if you're thinking of doing yoga, maybe try to find a class where the teacher can guide you. I go to prenatal yoga now and it is very gentle. Hope it helps some.

my blood pressure dropped during pg too, and it can be awful when you get dizzy like that.

i like theresa's advice of getting a yoga dvd, not only is it good gentle exercise, but you remain at home so if you get dizzy you can just stop straight away with no need to continue to get home

Lee33 Guest

Isnt it partly to do with the increased blood volume, and your lungs trying harder to keep up with that?
    I know I experience heavier breathing than normal even when doing simple things like walking up stairs!
    I know my Dr warned me about feeling dizzy due to increased blood in my body.

Yep, I believe you're right. I read about the increased blood volume but because nobody mentioned the breathlessness I found it a bit alarming too.

I also have blood pressure tending to the lower side of things so I don't think it helps either.

I am not pg, but i may have some interesting info for you.

Being someone who has suffered from anxiety and panic attacks....i was researching info on anxiety in pregnancy and read that...

when your belly is expanding and your baby is growing....your lungs get squished...and over time, without being aware, your breathing eventually becomes quite shallow....therefore...

when you go on walks etc that would normally be a walk in the park...you can sometimes experience the exact same sypmtoms of hyperventilation...dizziness, lightheadedness, tingling sensation in outter limbs and so on...

(this was useful info for me, as these symptoms mimic anxiety)

which is why yoga and learning deep breathing techniques are ever so helpful during pregnancy.....be mindful of trying to breath deeply when you exercise.

HTH