Thread: bladder (tmi)

Default bladder (tmi)

i am 24 weeks and lately i have been urinating quite frequently yet not much will come out and i still feel quite full seconds after being to the loo., though when going back to loo again not much will come out. also have felt like i am leaking a small amount of unrine every now and then. i am wondering if this could be the position of the baby or if i have some infection, though there are no other strange symptoms. also the last couple of days i have been feeling little kicks in lower abdomen that occur at the same time as i feel pressure in pubic/vaginal area and need to wee.

i havent heard anything about these sypmtoms from others so i am wondering what on earth it could be.

Hi Hollo, wow, 24 weeks already! thats gone really fast. It would be mainly from where bubs is positioned, but if you think you are leaking a bit of urine, you should start doing your pelvic floor exercises to try to strengthen them. I also found when on the loo that if I rocked backwards and forwards I could get more out IYKWIM? it would stop that sensation of still having more in there 2 mins after you get off LOL. Also, I read the other day that if you go when you don't really have to, you are incouraging your bladder not fill up apparently (this advice from a woman who goes at least 10 times a day LOL), thus weakening you pelvic floor (This I read in Mum's That's Life mag)

yeah the rocking is good...a tip in another book is to lean forwards as it compresses your bladder and help empty it...and definately dont go until you think you are BUSTING.

Sometimes standing up and then sitting down again also helps.We used this quite often with the elderly!
    Also,i agree with the other girls and try to hold on,the more you go the smaller your bladder gets.
    Have your urine tested too,you may be brewing a UTI.

thanks everyone for your replies. i will definatley take on your advice about only going when i feel like busting!! i didnt know that your bladder can shrink and will try the rocking thing too. my next doctors appointment is in 4 weeks so i will get my urine checked out for an infection then.

i know 24 weeks already! its funny how time flies when you are pregnant. although i found the first trimester lasted FOREVER! the second has gone pretty fast. been getting lots of kicks lately and my partner has started to be able to feel from the outside. its pretty awesome! i think it may be sad in a way when the baby comes along, not being pregnant anymore!

For sure it's weird not being pg anymore. I always found the very first night the hardest because on the plus side you get a really good sleep without being kept awake by baby moving, but you still miss being kept awake by baby moving IYKWIM.

LouLou7 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyT
    ...and definately dont go until you think you are BUSTING.
    I asked my OB about this cos my friend told me this too and he said it is not a great idea as encourages UTI's...
    He said it is better to go when you have to go than wait til you are busting...
    Just my OB's opinion though...

Yes,thats what i mean too.Dont wait until it hurts! Ouchy.

I have had this today....I think someone muct have been having a little lie down on my bladder this morning...we were in the city and I had to go every 5 minutes.