Thread: bleeding

linny Guest

Default bleeding

Hi everyone,

I am freaking out i started bleeding last night and rang hosp.They told me to monitor it for an hour and to make sure i could feel both babies which i could.I had no bleeding overnight and then started again about an hour ago not heavy mind you.I have rung hosp again and they said the same thing.I think i should go there and get things checked out or i will worry again all night and i need to know why this is happening.1 of the placentas is very low so they are saying this causes bleeding but they cant just guess can they?Any advice or anyone else had this?Im 25weeks on Fri.Id appreciate your thoughts because im really scared.

pint Guest

I have no idea bout this but Just go to a doctor or hospital like NOW. I rather be in a hospital and for them to check than they or me guessing.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Linny- I agree with pint - go to hospital and get it checked.Thinking of you.

Linny,
    I concur with the others. You need to be examined. Any bleeding in pregnancy needs to be looked at. Yes, if you have a low lying placenta it could be the reason for the bleed but you do need to be looked at.

I am thinking of you...

linny Guest

Hi girls,

Thanks for your advice.i just got back from the hosp and they did a heart monitor on both babies and everything fine with them.They said i might have this bleeding right thru to the end now and unless it gets really heavy or i stop feeling movements then not to worry(yeah right). they said because the placenta is so low and and both babies are growing then more weight is reating on the placenta and it stretches as i grow which causes bleeding.i can only trust their knowledge but i wont hesitate to go again if i get concerned.Thanks again for your support and for your care
    Linny xxx

That's good news Linny. So happy that your little ones are going well in there!

pint Guest

phew, glad to read it and kept us updated.

My rule is - any form of bleeding or discomfort or anything that bothers me, I am either on the phone to a midwife or if I am dissatisfied, I am going to the Dr or hospital ASAP

I rather come out saying, no problem and looking like a paranoid mother to be than something happening.
    I gladly play guessing games with anything else in life than my health

Yay twins!

glad all is okay with babies - I would still be going every time too

Excellent News Linny glad to hear all is well.

Jac

linny Guest

Hi girls,

I agree as my friend said you need to be assertive when it comes to things like this.I just dont think it is worth the risk of guessing.They can say monitor yourself all they like but im not a Dr thats why you ring them.The Midwives i saw were lovely and i wont hesitate to go back in if it gets worse or i have any other concerns.
    Pint -you are right i would rather look paranoid than do nothing at all and something happening that could of been prevented.
    Trish-Hi how are you going i was going to email you because i hadnt seen you around for a while and was worried something was wrong so im glad to talk to you.Thanks for your kind words.
    Also thanks to everyone for their advice im glad i listened and took the trip.the bleeding has really tapered off today so thats good.ill stay in touch
    Linny xxx

so happy to hear the bleeding has tapered off - I can see the smile on your face.

Be assertive and keep cooking those precious bubbas.

Linny
    how are you going ? hope you haven't had anymore bleeding .
    I had cholestasis too - let us know how you are getting on .

linny Guest

Hi girls,

Ive been missing in action for the past week i was admitted to hosp with a range of things firstly i do have cholestasis and also my kidneys arent working properly so i have had a million tests and they are still none the wiserith the kidneys.Im on liver tablets 3 times a day for that problem and luckily the babies are thriving.Ive come out of hosp late last night and have the flu now and i have coughed so hard i have done something to my bum muscles and cant sit down without crying.I have to have visits to the hosp twice a week to be monitored every fri and tues.I am a wreck and feel very depressed today even though i am so happy to be home.I was so disappointed with westmead hosp and it was a traumatic experience.Thanks for all your support an concern guys xxxx

Linny - sorry to hear of your difficulties and ordeal.OC is unpleasant and very itchy , I don't know about kidneys - the flu too you poor thing. Glad they are monitoring babies.