Thread: Bleeding from behind

dannik Guest

Default Bleeding from behind

Hi I know this is disgusting but i just had it happen and not sure if i sould be too concerned. I am 16 weeks gone and this morning I went to do a Number 2 which had bright red blood in it. I noticed it in the water first and freaked cause i thought maybe it had come from my vaginal but no it was from my backside. Has anyone experienced this? I wasnt overly forceful when going to the loo does this mean i could have hemmoroids or is it something worse i should be concerned about!?

8-[

Janet Guest

Sounds like piles which are pretty common in pregnancy. There is a chemical in your body called relaxin which is what makes your pelvis slide open as your baby comes through. Part of this process also works on your veins making them more likely to give you piles. Glamour! You can take a tissue salt called calc fluor which fixes them up quick smart. Good luck!

If you're going to get them unfortunately there isn't much you can do, but you can do your best to not make it worse by not straining and eating well enough to prevent constipation.
    If you keep getting blood then maybe visit the Dr just to double check what is causing it. Sometimes you can get a small tear which is not a haemmaroid so it may be reassuring to know there are no berries there

Cee_Cee99 Guest

i know how worrying this is as it also happened to me last year (I was not pregnant, but TTC).. I was so scared as both my grandfathers and my Dad has colon cancer - I rang my doctor who made me take a colonoscopy given my family history and age (34). But it was nothing - they found nothing and thought that maybe it was just a haemmaroid that burst... do you have an itchy bottom - that can be a sign of haemmaroids. I would definately call my doctor if I was you. It really eased my mind.

It has only ever happened once to me, so if it has only happened once I'm sure you will be OK, but I would ring your GP just to make sure.

take care honey

There's actually a thread in the birth section on mums with sore bums!! Very very common, before and after birth. Have a read of the thread and there's some tips to help. It's in the labour and birth thread.xx

dannik Guest

Hi thanks girls, I am pretty sure it is that too, my mid wife said that there is a vein near your bowl that can sometimes burst or tear causing bleeding from higher up... i do have an itchy butt but not sore... the midwife told me to use suppositories so will hopefully clear those up. cant believe it! the joy!!!

Fee Guest

Just after reading your thread the other week I discovered suddenly the same thing is happening to me! Although it has stopped now.

It's happened to me before but it's certainly a scare to see blood when you are pg.

I've got some internal hemorrhoids apparently so maybe it's that. I will ask my OB at my next appointment on Friday.

I had bleeding too, on and off for about 2 weeks. I never had it confirmed what it was, but it went away by itself. It wouldn't start from going to the toilet though, it would just happen, and very fresh bright red blood. Very scary i tell you!!! I was about 15 weeks pregnant when it started. I freaked out and went to emergency when it forst happened, but all ok in the end.

Fee Guest

I just read about "rectal bleeding" in one of my pregnancy books - it was in the chapter for Month Six (23-27 weeks). They said it's very common.