Thread: Blood Tests

Default Blood Tests

Just wondering if i have to have any more bloods tests during the pregnancy?

Hi there,
    Generally you will get your haemoglobin checked a few times throughout your pregnancy. Depending on who your care provider is you may also have a gestational diabetes screen.
    If you are having a normal pregnancy wiht no problems that should be about it!

Most girls I know have the GCT at around 26-28 weeks, I'm having mine on thursday and having my haemoglobin levels checked etc too.

With DD i had tests at 6 weeks, 18 weeks, 28 weeks and 32 weeks.

First one was initial PG tests, 2nd was just a level check and the last 2 were GD tests.

I hate BT.....but now im used to needles.... im ready for round 2!! haha

Im due for another one im 24 weeks before next appointment (march 14th) they want me to go in and have gluscose test and Complete blood picture)

I had a test to test a whole bunch of things at 10 weeks - haemoglobin, my blood type, sugar, any diseases, rubella immunity and all those things were done with that trst.

Then, I had another blood test for testing glucose and haemoglobin at 28 weeks. This was the glucose challenge test. My hospital does it for everyone, but i know that not all hospitals/obs do it as some of the ladies in my bellybuddies group didnt have it.

IF either of my blood tests were to show probs or potential issues, then I would have needed more, but the results were ok, so i havent needed more.

I had them at around 4-5 weeks to confirm pg and for the usual blood type, immunities etc... then 28 wks for glucose and just had at 36 wks to check iron levels and the likes. I think that was it??? May have had one more in there somewhere but can't remember..lol.