Thread: Blood in urine

Default Blood in urine

Hi,
    I have just gotten back from my antenatal app with more q's than when i arrived!
    I had a urine test, and they mentioned that there was a small trace of blood in the sample.
    Was adv ised that this could be due to an infection. Would this mean I have a urinary tract infection?? I don't really have much idea what was happeneing, noone seemed too concerned.

I can't notice the blood at all... don't think it can be seen with the naked eye.
    Just a little confused. any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nicky

traces of blood generally do indicate Uti's... have you got any other uti symptoms?

symptoms like burning etc???
    no i haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.
    Is this a common isssue during pregnancy??

uti's are more commen in pregnancy... u will notice (if u havn't already) at ur midwife appointments u will get asked each time if u have any symptoms of uti's (yes like burning, discomfort etc) and asked to provide a urine sample... well that's what happens at myne...

I just wanted to add I put athread up last night about UTI's. I am 15 weeks pregnant and went to the hospital Saturday night. I had no stinging or burning, just some cramping and felt like I still needed to go after going....

They gave me some antibiotics. If you google Uti in pregnancy you will see they are quite common due to everything moving. They suck though as they can make you feel really lethargic and sick.

Cheers Jac

Hi Sqishee

Blood in urine is quite common. You would not be able to see it with the naked eye as the amount is very small. If you had a UTI you would also have other things in your urine. Here are some reasons for testing positive for blood in urine.

Internal exam in the past few days
    UTI
    DTD in the past few days
    Lots of housework in the past few days
    Exercise
    Work if your job is physical
    And finally
    We have no idea what caused it

everytime i go for a checkup i have blood in my urine & have to give another sample that is sent someone to grow things in it!! all results have come back negative & i was told its just something that happens when you are pg

LOL Alan,

I might have to give up housework & work (does sitting down count??) , just to help minimise the chances of them finding blood ...

I don't think you will get away with that Jan LOL

hiya

i also had traces of blood in my urine.. they said nothing to me.. they did a nother test on my assistance.. and it came back with no infections..

i wouldnt worry about it unless they do

angel