Thread: boy or girl

Default boy or girl

hey girls

i was just wondering if any girls out there know is boy heart beat faster or slower im trying to get a clue of wat sex im having its heart rate today i had my 11 to 13 week scan and the doc told me bubz heart rate was 154 beat could anyone help girls how had girls or know your having girls wat was your babys heart rate and same with girls had a boy or having a boy wat was your babys heart rate

thats for your replys it will help me a little cos were havin a little bet iv said its goin to be a boy and my mum thinks its gonna be a girl

mery xmas and a happy new year

cassy_82 Guest

I have heard a bit of a wives tale, that if the HR is < 150 then it is a boy and if >150 it is a girl. However every time that we have had our scan the HR has been spot on 150, baby is keeping us guessing.

It is just an old wives tale. Doesn't nessecarily means it is true. People have had opposite what the myth says.

i have heard that old wives tale too, but in my case it was wrong (well we think its wrong lol) the heartbeat the first time was 150bpm and the 148 bpm which means leaning towards a boy but a scan done at 23 weeks showed that it is a girl. Also the heartrate does change quite a bit anyway. There are websites that tell you all the old wives tales, just google it.. its fun trying to guess

Hi Baiza

Your babies heart rate should be smoewhere between 110 and 160. It does not matter if it is a boy or a girl.

Sorry

Yep, it is an old wives tale, I've heard from at least 2 professional sonographers that it's a load of bull, but alot of fun. :-)

If there was say a 98% success rate, then I'd be thinkin twice, but not so, it seems more like 50% success rate... hehe... bit of proof.

Yeah my gyno and senographer said that the heart rate can change so much due to bubba's activity, could be 160 one minute and 140 the next, so not a good indication!

Yep, it fluctuates when they exercise just like us, but even so, if they measure it when bubby isn't exercising, it is still a myth.