Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braxton Hicks

mum5boys Guest

Default Braxton Hicks

Hi, I am 17 wks pg with baby number 6 and I am sure I have had some braxton hicks, is this right,can you get them this early?

I don't remember getting them this early with the other pg.
    Has anyone else had braxton hicks this early?

Thanks
    Michelle

Kirsty77 Guest

Hmmm I really cannot remember! I know that with this pregnancy everything happened alot sooner than with Gemma. Maybe your just more aware of them this time as well. SOunds normal though!

In the past week or so I've had 3-4 'tightenings' which I'm pretty sure are BH. They only happen during or just after I breastfeed Kynan in the mornings though. I thought it was a bit early too, but maybe not!

Michelle
    I think you get them all the time it's just you don't notice early on.

I had one happening during my 13 week ultrasound so the bottom right hand bit of my uterus was all crunched in and bub looked like s/he was resting over one of those giant gym balls on his/her tummy. Not good for measuring nucchal fold! I read somewhere they are good things to have.

I've also been having the odd tightening sensation about once a fortnight since about 17 weeks.

Hi,

Im 34wks with baby #5 and ive had BH from 15 wks with this baby.

They seem to be heaps stronger than i have every had them before too. Like a proper contraction.

mum5boys Guest

Thanks ladies, I feel much better knowing it is normal to get them so early.
    Take Care
    Michelle

confusedegg Guest

believe it or not i was noticing mine at 11 weeks.. Dr thought i was having miscarriage and done checkes and couldnt work out why i was getting these painless tightenings from belly button to the cervix and still cannot understand. Oh well, i put mine down to BH's.

I have been feeling BH since about 20 weeks and they have been strong. Actually im getting one right now!!!!! Oh well atleast i can tell the difference and dont think im in early labour!!!!

I got my first noticable one about a fortnight ago... it wasn't painful, but I saw it happening while I was showering.

I started getting them pretty early in my second pregnancy - about 12w or so?
    I am getting them constantly now - about 10-20 a day. They are driving me mental as I'm so used to having them, I forget and go to bend over and it hurts like snot!
    I dont think I'll be needing the raspberry leaf tea this time around - my uterus well be well practised in the art of contractions

confusedegg Guest

Fi, you poor thing, is it normal to get that many in one day, thats more than enough, i was told if you get more than 4 in hour to have it checked.

Your ticker looks like it reads 3 weeks, but when i read that you have 62 days to go, i realised what it is actually reading.

Sure you'd know if something wasnt right.

I got heaps last time too - its just I have an incapacity to sit still! I still do silly things like jaywalking, so I have to run across the road if a car comes, and I'm always bending over to pick things up, so its my fault really. Oh well - I figure if I'm feeling OK, should be right
    And yeah - my ticker does look a little strange number wise, but I'm very attached to it - I haven't seem anyone else showing a ray of sunshine

They start at about 4-5w and continue every 20 minutes throughout your pregnancy... so having them now is not unusual! They usually aren't too noticable until your last month, according to my books, but they are there.

Fi, I love your ticker, and I'm like you - running across roads, picking lots of stuff up, doing lots of cleaning and whatnot (although not participating in any major sports!) so I'm wondering when they're going to start and stay put now!

And some people dont notice them either. I have been told I have an irritable uterus, so that might explain a few things

I got them at 16wks with DS and this one they started really early, I know it sounds insane but from 6wks, even though my uterus was still small I could eel them, ended up getting a scan done as though there must be something wrong. Now at 20 wks they are very strong and get prob 10 a day? Fingers crossed that means a nice short labour

Im 23weeks with bubs 4 i have notice BH since about 16w I think that when you have more and more kids you know whats going on more so with your body than maybe when pregi with bubs 1. I teach kids to swim i seem to always get them in the pool. Maybe a water birth is on the cards has any one had one ? Im thinking that could be a goer

kitty kat

Goodness, Fi, what is an irritable uteris? It sounds like one of those deeply offensive medical terms like 'incompetent cervix'... Must have been thought of by a man!
    I've seen a couple of good websites on waterbirth KK - just typed it into a search engine. I hear they are very peaceful.

mum5boys Guest

Kitty Kat, a couple of my friends have had water births and they say it is the best way to have a baby as they are born very calm,alert,peaceful and it is easier on the mum and being in the water takes the edge off.
    I was hoping to have a waterbirth at the birth centre but unfortunately I am not allowed to go through the birth centre so that counts out the water birth.
    There are a couple of posts on BB about waterbirths you might like to read.
    Take care
    Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast