Thread: Braxton Hicks 26weeks2days

Unhappy Braxton Hicks 26weeks2days

Hi just wondering if it is normal with braxton hicks to have to breathe through the pain of them. I have been having them for about 5 weeks now.(but not this long lasting or bad) Today I have had them about once an hr. First one woke me up, with pain in back aswell as front. The last one I Had would have been while I was driving and it seems worse, like bad period pain and now the pain has a build up before it ends and I am getting cramping in my back aswell. Is this just a normal braxton hicks contraction or something more? I am not too worried at this stage as they have been far apart, but am a little worried. All stories and help would be great.

Love

Melinda Guest

I'm not sure Helen! I can totally appreciate you'd be feeling a little worried. I'd give the HPH a ring and speak to one of the midwives - they should be able to help you (I know I rang them during my PG with Jacob a few times!).

I had BH with Jacob that started at around 20w but they weren't painful - just uncomfortable and tight IYKWIM? They only started to get painful right towards the end.

Helen, I think the easiest way to tell if they are Braxtons or not is to go for a shower or bath. If they stop after it then more than likely they are just Braxtons. I found mine were quite strong towards the end of my pregnancy too. Of course if you are that worried you could always go for a drive to the hosp and get on the monitor...

Thanks guys, down to 55mins now. Am just going to hop in the shower, I will update some time tonight.

Love

Hugs Helen, I hope all is ok for you Will be waiting to hear how you go.

Hi Helen, I dont think they should be painful enough that you have to breathe thruogh them, and they shouldn't be in your back as far as I know. Mine never are. Just ring the hospital and tell them whats wrong, if it does nothing else it will ease your mind. Good Luck and let us know.

Thanks guys. I had a lay down, had quite a bit of back pain but it slowed down the pains. My tummy and back is feeling very bruised but the horrible sharp pains have stopped, bub is kicking like mad so I know that bubby is ok. I am just going to take it easy. The joys of pregnancy.

Love

Melinda Guest

Definitely take care of yourself Helen! Have you perhaps given your OB a call?

I have an apptmnt this Fri so I am not worrying too much. She told me last time to take it easy and lie down whenever I get them, so I guess I will just update her and ring if it happens again or gets worse. Thanks

Love