Thread: braxton hicks

Default braxton hicks

im 23 weeks and im getting braxton hicks after i go to pee

Is it to early to be getting them...

Sure isn't!
    Especially with a second pregnancy!
    Just in the PITA I guess

Hi Meegm
    Braxton Hicks is a little unusual at 23 weeks but it does happen quite often with second and subisequent pregnancies. However If you are only having them after you go for a pee it may be worth getting things checked as Braxton Hicks normally are not related to any one activity, they can and do happen at any time.

Hi Meegm,
    I've been having BH from about 16 weeks. I asked my OB about it last week, and he said that it's early to be having them, but it is my second PG, so things are a bit more sensitive-and you feel more early on anyway. He also said that at my 19 week u/s, it was good that my cervix was nice and long, so he said everything seems fine.
    I hope this helps,
    Jess xo

I started getting BH's this week - I got them from 20 weeks last time and I am of the understanding that they are more apparent during consecutive pregnancies - to me they are just a PITA - I also seem to get them alot more when I need to pee - so I try not to hold for long periods of time - maybe that's what setting them off for you too??

i have had them from 20 weeks with this pregnancy and they are more like the ones i has when i was - 35-37 weeks with DD.
    Hard, lots of pressure that i have to waddle and pee big time.. and god forbid if i have to sneeze while having a BH now!!!

ive been having them since about 17-18 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. Im not too worried about them as they arnt painful and dont last long. Its a weird feeling really.. lol

I've never really had them with any of my pregnancies so hard to offer advice. Wondering if I'll get them with this one