Thread: Braxton Hicks this Early in Pregnancy????

Question Braxton Hicks this Early in Pregnancy????

Hi!

I am just wondering wether I should be experiencing Braxton Hicks already. I have woken up thismorning with period like pains that are coming like contractions. The pain is'nt bad but its worrying. Its starts down low and then spreads up to my stomach. I could be overreacting and it could be just wind.

I was thinking about calling the Birth Suite but i dont want too see like a drama queen.

Any comments and suggestions???

Sara, perfectly normal hun. I got the very early on with my last pregnancy too. I continued to get BH the whole way through the rest of my pregnancy too.

I too have been getting BH lately, one while shopping today actually, lol. I was a bit concerned at first as I didn't get them with DD, but mine aren't hurting at all so I am just enjoying them I guess because I know they get a lot more painful during labour, lol.

I have never noticed my BH in previous pregnancy until this pregnancy. I noticed bub kicks a bit before then it becomes really rock hard in the middle and goes back down to Jelly.

I am really pleased with this little symptom as to me it means I may have a chance of not going overdue this time. I was two weeks overdue with DD. I would love to go on time and on my own without induction.

Jac

I had BH starting about 16 weeks. They weren't painful though, theyjust felt lke tightenings and my uterus would go rock hard and would get intense then slower go away. They didn't start getting painful till a couple of weeks ago.

I dont think I have experienced a BH yet and I want to know what it feels like!!

It seems interesting that everyone here has had a baby before and are experiencing BH's a lot earlier. Whereas this is my first and I havent had any yet.

Hi girls!

Well the pains turned out to be a little more serious than BH. Just got home from hospital. Went in on wednesday and have been there since. Pains were softening my cervix.

I had a serious scare lastnight cause i was getting tightening every 2 min lasting 30 secs. Was rushed up to birth suite were all was found to be fine. Cervix was still closed.

I was given 2 doses of steriods though to mature babies lungs and to stop any bleeding on the brain if i was to go into labour.

I have posted the whole story in Belly Buddies Due August 1'st - 13th if you wanna read the whole story.

I am still getting pains now though. But as the Dr said i may just had to put up with it for the remainder of my pregnancy unless i have a loss of any sort or start contracting for longer than 30 mins.

Thanks very much for all your comments. I really apprecitate them!

Cheers