Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breech bub at 20wk scan....

thats for sure Kirsty

louise4 Guest

my son david, was breech at that time, he ended up spinning back and forth right up until his birth at 39 weeks. I wasn't worried as I managed to get my hand's on some really good text from the midwifes. All I can say is arm yourself with as much knowledge so if your baby does stay breech and the time comes for labour you know what is going on. After reading the books I realised breech births are quite common, I soon learn't that there is a stigma attached and people tend to freak a little (particularly family & friends). Just remember It's your body and as you get closer your will work out what suits you.

By the way I was booked in to have him turned for a second time when 9hrs prior I ended up going into labour. I needed a c/s as he was part way through a turn and was breech oblique, so his head was up and his feet were down to the right! I keep thinking he literally had put his foot down and wasn't comming out! The registrar even joked that he had trouble pulling him out!

Thanks Louise i have my check on friday i might ask for some info so i can have a good read

Fingers crossed for u Melly - "turn baby turn!!!!!"

Bellgirl Guest

Hi Kirsty, Mine was upright too, i think it's fairly normal at 19 weeks and that they flip around a lot. We tend to think of the term "breech" in relation to the position at birth. The sonographer and two obs both just said to me that the head was upright, didn't use the term 'breech', so I didn't think anything of it.

Mine was head-down at 19w and breech at 22w scans... now Liebling has moved around again (I felt like a washing machine on spin-cycle yesterday!) I have a feeling that the head is down-ish again. The sonographer did say breech to me, but pointed out that the baby will move a lot between now and birth... yup, she was right, Liebs is going hell for leather in there!

Kirsty, which hospital is it you are going to?

When I had Joshua he was breech, bum first! Only found out about 2 weeks before due cos he'd turned the wrong way...don't think he wanted to play lol...so they can turn VERY late into pg. I didn't even feel him turn and he had been head down prior to this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12