Thread: Bumps to belly

misspiggy Guest

Default Bumps to belly

Hi - I have a very active 2 year old toddler and sometimes she accidently bumps and lightly kicks my belly (especially when we're having hugs on the couch!). I'm 17 weeks pregnant. I know the baby is well protected but I'm still a bit worried . . . should I be?

Hi Misspiggy

I was pregnant with my 2nd when my first born was 2 and he used to do the same, but there was no harm to the baby at all, so i wouldn't stress too much

Love

Hi misspiggy,

It must be hard when you have a toddler that doesn't understand. My 3 1/2yo DS does but occassionally if we too are mucking around i get a bit worried. My personal opinion - and by no means a proffessional one - is that if doesn't hurt me when we bump that the baby should be fine. I guess it all comes down to a gut instinct. If you are at all concerned or do happen to get a kick accidentally that you feel was too big and hurts you I personally would ring my midwife/ OB/ GP just to check where I stood. Maybe ask them next time you have an appointment. Are you feeling the baby yet? As that too can be a good indication that baby is ok if you can still feel he/she moving around.

I guess as pg women we are very aware of our body and what we do/what happens to it. So therefore we are the best indication if something is wrong. I am sure you will be fine and are not the only one worried about this. As I said, at times i am too.

Take care Kas

I have the same problem, except with a 37kg dog! He's a huge lap dog and loves sitting on me, though am trying to be very careful where he puts his massive paws. Stood on my belly once and I nearly hit the roof in agony.

you hear stories of women who are in car accidents and the baby is ok, so i think they must be really well protected in there!!

Linda

angel_eyes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Susan_22
    I have the same problem, except with a 37kg dog! He's a huge lap dog and loves sitting on me, though am trying to be very careful where he puts his massive paws. Stood on my belly once and I nearly hit the roof in agony.

I have the same problem with a 35 kg dog :-)

I just have to be really aware of him and turn around if he looks like jumping.

misspiggy Guest

Thanks everyone for responding - it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one getting bumped and poked all the time!