Thread: Can you feel Baby?

Default Can you feel Baby?

I think when I firmly press down on my tummy I can tell which side bub's is on, it's like a firm lump and it changes position regularly. Is it possible at 22 weeks? and can I harm the baby by feeling it's position?

yep that little lump is your bubba

it wont harm your baby for you to give the odd 'massage' poke and prod ...but he or she may object by giving you a swift kick

xx yogababy

Awwww how cute....

That happens to me all the time. My tummy looks like it is going to one side when I'm lying down.....then it will go to the other side. Wonder if it's his head or if he is sticking his lill bum up in the air!!! Hahaha

That happened with my 1st around that stage, and I told my midwife I thought it was the skull. She said, no - that's a bum! Big bum like his mum!

Sure can!

I can tell where bubba is when they are right up the front! And I confirmed it the other night when my DH didn't believe me by getting my doppler out, and there baby was!

I just wish I could start to feel kicks though!!

I have started to feel big kicks now! It is sooo exciting. The other day I felt a MASSIVE kick while lying on the couch......soo cool!

~Belinda~ Guest

I felt Bubs a bit around 20 weeks, maybe a little sooner. You just wait until you are 32 weeks! WHOA, you'll fall in love with every movement then, it's really special

You are doing well if you can tell where bubs is!! I used to feel all the lumps and corners on her and I would have no clue if I was feeling a head or an elbow. LOL I couldn't understand how the midwife could give a quick poke and tell me which way she was lying.

StaceY81 Guest

Im almost 21 weeks preg and having been feeling kicks from the outside for a couple of weeks. This bub is alot stronger than DD.. DF didnt feel her kicks til about 24 weeks!! I can never tell what part of bubs Im feeling but its so cute!!