Thread: Can you feel twins kick earlier?

louise4 Guest

Default Can you feel twins kick earlier?

Just wondering does anyone know if you feel twins kick earlier? I felt flutters a lot earlier but lately nothing? I found out at a 12 week scan and am currently 15 weeks. I think I am just anxious like everyone else!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I felt movement earlier with my twins but probably not till 17-18wks - but then you do also with subsequent pregnancies anyway. GL

i started to feel flutters at 11 weeks. Thought i was imagining them, but I explained what I was feeling to the m/wife and she agreed that they were definately movements. My twins were very low at first so perhaps that is why.
    HTH

Grosby Guest

Yep, I felt movement from about 11 weeks, and used to say the same as Odette, my Mum said that is was probably because this was my second pregnancy, little did I know, it was because there were two wriggling around in there! I have felt very strong movements from about 17 weeks, and people have been able to feel them kicking since 19-20 weeks.

tiamiami Guest

I am pregnant with twins as well and am almost 16 weeks and have felt very light flutters at 11 weeks ( Doc says no) I say yes but anyways as tine goes on they seem to become more frequent and stronger everytime......... I hope I do not get broken ribs or anything like that.... A lady I work with just had twin boys and in here 32 week one of the twins broken one of her ribs! OUCH................

Emma,
    How do you feel? I know you are in the FINAL stages?

Grosby Guest

Hey Tiamiami,

I am feeling ok, getting to the uncomfortable, I can't move stage, and have muscles and ligaments that hurt, that I didn't even know existed! I am now in the Third Trimester, and know that I could be a Mummy of three within the next 7-10 weeks, which is scary and daunting. I'm a bit sick of having to explain that I'm having twins, cause I get the look from people, and they say, you should be due any day now, and then when I tell them I'm having twins, they think it's necessary to tell me horror stories, but apart from that, I'm going ok! LOL.

How are you? Were your Twins a surprise? I beg to differ with your doc, I felt movement very early on, and I guess that can happen when there are two in there! LOL.

Take care,

Emma.

I felt them move earlier, but its more as time goes on the movements are constant, as I had the twins first , my subsequent pg's I was constantly worried as there didnt seem to be enough movement, with twins it doesnt stop. If ones asleep the other is moving etc etc

Grosby Guest

I know what you mean Vanita, did you notice that one was more active than the other though? Twin 1 never seems to sit still, but Twin 2 seems to move only when it feels like it, lol.

motherduck Guest

Hi Ladies,
    I tend to feel alot of movement when I'm sitting down mabye caus thiers less room then,
    I didn't feel alot of early movement with these guys I think It's caus running around with everything else and everyone else you don't sit still long enough.
    I'm not in a hurry to feel the full belly when they decide its a good idea to flip over together, and it feels like your on a ride in side show ally It made me feel queesy with one bub.
    Jean

I felt uncomfortable so much of the time, twin 1 was head down, pressing on thet bits down there ( bladder pelvis etc) twin 2 was transverse across the top, so i couldnt breathe and my ribs were agony, LOL the joy of two~!!!!!