Thread: Can't feel movement anymore?

Default Can't feel movement anymore?

Hi
    I am a little concerned that I am not feeling any movement anymore - I had about a week when I was getting regular movement (esp evening) but this is the third day in a row when nothing. Is this normal in the second trimester as there is still plenty of room?

I have my midwife appointment on 01feb so could ask then but should I go earlier?

Sorry I am just starting to worry as I am hearing about others at my stage feeling really strong kicks etc - not sure what to do?
    Thanks, T.

Hi Tess
    Try drinking a large glass of icy cold lemonade or water. You need to drink this quickly. Also after you have had the drink you could give the baby a poke with your finger. If after about 20 mins you still have not felt any movements then I would go and get checked out.
    Please let me know how you go.

Thanks Alan - I am going home at lunchtime and will do this then whilst lying on the couch.

Will let you know.
    Thanks again, T.

I was told if i never felt movement to do as Alan suggested, ice water, eat something sweet, lay down and poke tummy. If this still didnt work then go into hospital to be monitored. It happened on 2 occasions. NO movemnt at all, but i never went to get it checked out, but did mention it at each hospital visit. It was only near the end (2 days prior to DD birth) that i had no movement and i was told to get to the hospital asap. Everything was fine, bub was just sleeping, but soon woke up when i was being prodded and poked. IN fact the nurse said i had a veeeeery active little baby and predicted then and there it was a girl because it co-operated with her!!!

KIMBAZ - sorry tess for jumping in on your thread - but Kim "Chelsea Rose" is the name i have picked out if i have a girl..... it is beautiful isnt it ...

Hi
    Thanks for the advice - I went home had something to eat, drank some very cold orange juice and spent a few mins poking around. Didn't feel anything until I stopped poking and then could feel a small amount of movement really low down. I have an anterior placenta so I guess/hope that is what has been masking all the movement.

I will definitely call my midwife / hospital if I don't get anymore movement over the next 12hrs.

Thanks again for the advice, it is good to know that the baby can be prompted into action if need be - maybe it is too hot and the baby just wants to sleep - like me!!
    T.

Meeg-It is indeed a lovely name.....fits DD perfectly. Good luck with ur pg....all the best for a little girl

Thanks Kim.... You little Chelsea is beautiful - just spied on your site.. hehehehe

Tess
    An anterior placenta can reduce your ability to feel the baby's movements

Hi Alan
    Just thought I would let you know that this weekend I have been relaxing a lot and have been rewarded with many kicks - one that even made my stomach protrude so I know bubs is okay and I was worrying for nothing.

Thank you so much for your advice and support - it is really appreciated.
    T.

Tess
    you are very welcome