Thread: Can't find a comfortable position to sleep...

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Can't find a comfortable position to sleep...

Hi all,

I posted this in the PGALTTTC thread but thought I might get some help here too. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Small whinge from me: to coincide with my return to work, i've started having trouble sleeping. If I sleep on my left, I get bad cramps down the side of my belly and my thigh, and if I sleep on my right, my right hip and leg goes numb. I spent the last two nights tossing and turning, and poor DH sits up with me when I can't get comfortable so I don't feel lonely in the middle of the night, but I reckon he can't keep this up much longer either.

I got myself a body pillow over a week ago and it initialy helped, but the symptoms are back. Am thinking about a quick visit to my obgyn to discuss, but thought I'd ask you girls first. Any ideas? I'm exhausted the next morning and aching from hauling my belly from side to side all night. I nodded off at 9pm last night but still feel like I haven't slept a wink.
    I'm sure loads of you are having the same problems, so if something worked for you, I'd love to hear about it!

love
    sushee

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I bought a body pillow from Spotlight. It's a big long pillow that you can put under your belly and between your legs, it was so comfortable. Kate got some kind of other pillow so she might post here too, but I think you can get that one from Spotlight too

I am having the same trouble but I don't have the big belly problem - I seem to get tingly legs all the time when i am lying in bed trying to get to sleep..... Like you I get to bed really early and dose of quick quick but when i wake up in the morning i feel like have gotten no sleep at all!

Lots of pillows!! I had one or two between my knees & sometimes one behind my back.

Linda,

wanted to thank you heaps for the advice about two pillows between your knees! It did the trick and I managed a night's sleep last night without cramps or numbness!

You're a legend!

love
    sushee

Help!! I am dying. I dont think I have had more than 8 hours sleep total in the last three nights. Tried pillows and am having no joy, or maybe i just need more. My brain just wont switch off and let me get to sleep - it's terrible. I havent been to work for the last two days because I just cant face it after no sleep.

Anymore suggestions? Is there anything that is safe to take? Help!

Bec Guest

I have had a bit of trouble sleeping. I am 22 weeks yesterday.

I think I might have to go and buy one of those body pillows and try that.

Susan, I am not sure if you can take anything? maybe something natural?

Bec

I have a tontine pregnancy pillow which is a wedge that goes under the tummy to stop back pain, and I also sleep with a pillow between my legs and another pillow I cuddle into LOL! I have bad pelvic instability and this definitely helps.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Susan,

I had baaaaddd insomnia with Zaki, and nothing helped. I tried relaxation tapes, warm milk etc. I hope you find something that works for you.

Cailin, I gotta see if I can find that Tontine pillow you're talking about. After a few weeks of comfortable sleep with many pilows, the numbness is now back. Luckily I'm usually too pooped to realise until I wake up in the middle of the night with my hip numb and my tummy lopsided! Lol! But really should try to resolve it before it gets any worse.

love
    sushee

Sushee sorry matey I got it wrong, its Dentons not Tontine, I'll PM you the details

*hugs*
    Cailin

angelique Guest

If you guys want to why not try a boomerang pillow. They are great when your tummy is small. Although I still dont sleep very well at night due to cramps, at least that gives me some relief. You can get large or small ones to suit you.