Thread: Can't sleep due to backache

amberdee Guest

Default Can't sleep due to backache

Can anyone please give me some advice on how to stop my back aching in bed? For the past few weeks I keep waking up in the middle of the night with a really sore middle back (currently 25 wks pregnant). I've been sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees but it's just not helping. Any advice much appreciated!!

I know what you mean.... I tossed and turned all night last night. My lower back was hurting...

Have you tried sleeping with a pillow under your belly?? Between your knees is good but a pillow under belly would be a good idea too to keep your back straighter.

A few weeks back I woke up with really bad back pain and then on the weekend after I went out and bought a body pillow and the pillow is the best!! Its tucked under my belly and I have my leg on top of it and I am pretty much straight. Only prob is I sometimes wake up to my shoulder aching!

I even put a pillow behind me, so I feel more supported or otherwise I have 3 pillows - two for my head/neck then the third I lie on top of.

Extra pilows are a must! I also have one of those long body pillows which I love.

I sought out a Physio who treats pregnant women (they have a special chair you sit in for the massage etc so you don't squash your bub lying on your tummy or anything). And it has helped me sooooooooooooooo much. I have been twice now and cannot recommend it enough. He also gave me a few little excercises to do to help keep my back looser and some stretches. I have found sleeping much easier and also sitting at work much more bareable. Good luck

I use a chiro who has done pg women before. He is my godsend, he has given me exercises to help with pain.
    I also use a body pillow and find that it helps as well. Only trouble is when DH throws it out of the bed because it lays between us lol.
    Good luck, hope you find something that makes the rest of your pg easier and painfree

With all of my pregnancies the only thing that has helped my sore back is a wheatbag, i have 3 really big ones and i love them,
    I tried using heaps of pillows, but it made me more uncomfortable

do you have a spotlight near you, dentons pregnancy pillow you'll fin dit in the nrusewry section $30 or so OMG I couldn't have lived without it, I even used when Jack was little for feedings best buy ever

amberdee Guest

Thanks for all your tips! I've added a pillow under my belly and it seems to help a bit (feels like I'm taking up 3/4 of the bed now though!). The pregnancy pillow sounds good - I'll have to see if I can get one next time I'm in town. Thanks!