Thread: Cervix length

Default Cervix length

Hi ladies,

Do you any of you have your cervix measured and if so do you know the length.

Mine was 3.5cm at 15 weeks, but has now shortened to 2.5cm at 19 weeks. I don't know whether to be worried about this or not and as I don't know what the normal cervical length is I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

I'm not sure about this but i am sure your OB/GYN would have have said something if there was a problem.

Hi Lisa
    You have nothing to worry about.
    Your cervix is part of your uterus and will shorten as the baby grows.
    There is no set length for the cervix but an average would be somewhere between 2 and 4 cm.

Hope this is of some help

Alan (Midwife)

lindie Guest

Hi Lisa,

If this is of any help I have a slightly prolapsed cervix that has made its way back to where is should be and im 20 weeks my ultrasound last week measured my cervix at 3cm and they said this was pretty standard and they do thin out as the pregnancy progresses and not to worry at all about this? This is my 3rd pregnancy.

Hope to be of some help

Lindie O

Wilson Guest

I had mine measured at the start of November as i have a small shelf in my uterus and they wanted to know for reference purposes and mine was 3.2cm at almost 24 weeks

I looked at my ultrasound photos on CD & noticed they had one labelled 'Cervix', which shows with 2 crosshairs on the pickie. In the bottom LH corner it has a cross hair with 49.8mm next to it, so I assume that's my measurement for 18w 6d. There was nothing written on the report about it though, and I was told that everything was normal.