Thread: Chest pains while pregnant?

Default Chest pains while pregnant?

Hi
    Was just wondering if anyone else has had chest pains while pregnant. I had it bad the other week for about 6 hours but thought it was related to the heartburn i was having. Now tonight i have it again, just feels like someone is holding my heart in a clenched fist, i can breathe properly though and have no other symptoms. Will talk to doctor tommorow about it but was interested to see if it could be just related to heartburn.

Thanks

colleeg Guest

Could it be all your organs being pushed up?
    the only pain i have had is rib pain & the baby isnt big enough to get up there yet, so i was told it was all my organs being pushed around. Also i have really bad heartburn so my chest can get a bit sore if that carries on at night.

be interesting to see if anyone else has the same symptoms?

good luck Colleeg O

Serendipity

I had heartburn with my previous 2 pregnancies and it felt like you described. Colleeg has a good suggestion there too.

I would suggest that you check with your health care provider, just to make sure all is ok.

Best wishes

i have had some stabbing chest pains, but only last a little while. if they are lasting such a long time like you said, i would definately get it checked out sweetie.

I get them too but only after lying down for awhile, so I often wake up with them.

Once I get up, the pain disappears again so something is obviously being 'crushed' while I lie down.

Although I think this is different to what you get cause I don't get them for that long?

Might be worth checking with your doc.

Thanks for replies
    I did mention it to doctor today and he said it is more than likely a symptom of the heartburn and recommended gaviscon. So will see what happens but if i get it that bad again might get it checked out just in case.

thanks bye