Thread: Cold and Flu.............!!!

Default Cold and Flu.............!!!

I think i am getting the flu!!! what can i take before it gets really bad???

angelique Guest

Personally, I would drink lots of hot water with lemon in it. That will kill it before it starts (and it beats the sore throat). I dont think there is much else you can do. Maybe also lots of orange juice and fluids in general.

I never thought of the Lemon thing!!! thanks

Lot's of garlic and vitamin C

angelique Guest

Lemon does wonders Jacci, it fully cures a sore throat but may get you doing number 2's very often if you have too much lemon.

What about garggling salt and warm water too

If you have lots of heartburn and indugestion dont put lots of garlic into your food as your tummy will burn like hell for days. But If you can handle it, go ahead, have some home made garlic bread!! That should do the trick.

Hi Jacci

There is no cure for the flu but honey and lemon make you feel heaps better. Also a couple of panadol can help with the aches and pains. Just remember no more that 8 tablets in 24 hours.
    panadol are also safe to take during pregnancy.

I was taking Lemsip sachets which only contain paracetamol (what's in panadol).

Antihisthamines are safe ie. Phenergan and Dozine. Just stay clear of non drowsy ones.

AM now on amoxil antibiotics though 'cause I've got bronchitis. Would get better quicker if I didn't keep throwing up my day dosage!

Phenergan should only be taken under medical supervision during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also Phenergan can make you drowsy. along with a few other nasty side effects.

Yes that's correct, I have been taking low doses with doctor's supervision. My morning sickness was so severe I was dehydrated last month, vomiting blood and had to have an endoscopy.
    Anyway low doses of pherergan was injected via a drip as I'm allergic to maxolon.

Thanks for the advice in this forum.

Neeny O

angelique Guest

I have the dreaded cold as well. Started with a scratchy throat and now my nose is blocked, runny and I am sneezing!!!

No wonder I dont feel like eating and have not had a good appetite all last week!!

Help hehehe

Yep that's right, panadol has paracetamol, which is safe in pg, just follow the limits/instructions on the packet. Never take anything with ibuprofen (eg: nurofen) though.

How bout lots of chicken & vegie soup? hehe