Thread: Constanly Hot.

Default Constanly Hot.

Hi all,

I have one symptom Ive never had before while pregnant.
    I am constanly hot, right now i am sweating away just sitting here .
    We live in Adelaide so it has been quite warm for a while now, i think it has hovered around 30 c since i found out i was pregnant.
    Poor hubby i cant go to sleep without the fan on at night.
    It was cooler today so i opened up all the windows to try and cool the house down rather then putting the poor air con on again.

My evenings once the kids are in bed consists of stripping down to basically nothing (TMI) and trying to cool down.
    Im also finding out that my deodorant is keeping up with the pace, oh dear smelly me

Tan, I hear you.

For all 3 of my pregnancies (one in Darwin, two in Adelaide) I had permanant "pregnancy central heating" on......I also lost a lot of weight........so I am sure that pregnancy hormones did something mad to my metabolism.

Even when largely pg with Charlie in amidst an Adelaide winter I felt hot.....

I have no suggestions, sorry!

My DH feels the cold, so we resorted to 2 separate quilts......I would kick mine off in all weathers, whilst he snuggled down under his. Or I would go to the spare room and put the air con on.

Swimming helped. And I wore all natrual fibres.

And I showered morning and night!

Good luck......

Hi Lucy
    Thanks for the reply.
    I thought i was going crazy, my temp must be up , as between being so hot , i love ice at the moment.
    DH said he was going to buy me a bag of ice as i keep eating all the ice cubes

tan, my inner temp seems to go up too when i am preg, and i hear you on the B.O!!!

I am one who usually needs to wear a jumper in summer (i kid u not) but get me UTD and its like my inner core just heats up big time!!!

Now I constantly need to air con on- which i usually beg DH to turn off so i dont have to wear three layers!!! and i just seem to sweat non stop!! i have tried three different types of deoderant, and have even resorted to mens to try and battle it, but i still stink!!!

lol if you find a cure PLEASE SHARE!!!! Ha ha ha!!

And I hate to tell you this girls, but even giving birth was no cure for me.....it continued until a few weeks after breastfeeding was completed...........

The crunching on ice cubes thing is REALLY common in pregnancy.......I cannot remember why......there is a reason.....something to do with a hardwired need to lower the core body temp.......

I'm really feeling the heat too when it doesn't normally bother me at all.

Me too! I have to have a fan in the bedroom every night at the moment as whe it is not there I wake up in a sweat during the night and have to go and get it!

Oh boy, I hear you! Last week we went grocery shopping, it was wet and rainy and miserable, everyone in the store was freezing, and here i was wanting to climb into the ice-cream freezer as I was sweating my bum off! Normally I don't feel the heat at all, usually its the opposite and I'm the person wearing jeans in summer, but not right now!!!!!

Tell me about it. Feeling hot hot hot! I'm usually the one wearing jeans in summer and in winter my fingers turn blue and I have ten million layers of clothes on!

Since being pregnant, I just feel hot all the time. At work I normally find the aircon too cold and wear a jacket but now the aircon is not cold enough!

I've been munching on ice like it's going out of fashion too...it's very refreshing and cooling.

Me too re the heat!

As soon as I hop in teh car I have to have air con on which I didn't need too before and when it is muggy or really really hot I just seem to feel sick, almost like i get too overhot even though I'm wearing summer clothes!

I kind of have rediscoved those ice tubes that you get from the supermarkets with different flavours and I crunch away on those.. don't crave ice cream at all just ice and ice tubes!

Glad to see im not alone.
    Stars 69 Im the same just ice or ice blocks, not ice cream because that just makes me thirsty and i end up having a glass of ice with a little drink in it.

Its crazy i never felt likw this with my other pregnancies , and i agree with the deodrant problem,ive been wearing DHs in the hope that will work, Ive resorted to carrying a little impulse etc to spray on when during the day.

Tan.. with DS i was always hot. Being most of my pregnancy was during winter with him, i actually didnt mind it, well until DH said can we put the heater on now its freezing lol.
    Very normal hun!

I think its funny, from what i have noticed here from reading ppls posts, its more often the ppl who are usually COLD all the time, who get this funny "pregnancy heat!!" lol
    I wonder what thats about? Maybe its something in our body that gets triggered or something? who knows, all i know is i like not having to carry a jumper around everywhere i go!!

I've been getting so hot lately that we went and brought an air con lol
    I need my fan on every night too.
    I hear you about feeling sick on the really hot days Stars, makes you feel terrible, very lethargic and light headed and sick in the stomach. I'm so glad it has cooled down here lately, yay!!!!

Oh I can sooo relate...
    I can't leave the house without having a face washer in my hand bag to wipe away the sweat that my face and neck is constantly drenched in.
    I think it is impossible for me to feel cold atm.
    Whenever I hop into someone's car they ask 'is the aircon too cold for you?' and I have to laugh at them because I am still usually hot and sweating whilst they are shivering!!

lol
    I went in to try some clothes on this morning and ended coming out the change room with less clothes on, the lady said its hard work trying clothes on you look so hot.
    We had a giggle i told her its the story of this pregnancy, she asked if i was having hot flushes, i replied yes one big one thats lasted 19 weeks.