Thread: Constantly Hard Stomach

Default Constantly Hard Stomach

Hi Ladies (& Alan)!
    Time for my fortnightly pregnancy symptom quiz.
    This time it relates to the hardness of my stomach.
    According to my ob, I have been experiencing braxton hicks for a while. As far as i can tell they are not regular.
    In the last week or so my stomach has been very hard almost all day every day, its not so bad in the morning but worse in the afternoon.
    It is not so much painful as really uncomfortable. Everything sits quite high and I feel as though i cannot sit up pr stand up straight enough to get relief.
    Bubs is generally kicking or punching downwards although i have felt alot more movement in there in the last week or so (as in he is doing little somersaults!)
    Is this just a kind of extended braxton hicks, or normal pressure which will continue on during the pregnancy?
    Thanks in advance
    Belinda.

Hi BB77
    Without checking you out it is a little difficult for me to say what it is but a couple of thoughts are:-
    Your babys back pushing against the front of your uterus making it feel hard
    BH although it would be very unusual to have contractions lasting that long.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Where in Vic are you?

Hi Alan,
    Thanks for the response.
    Strangely enough things have eased up today, visually things seem a little lower and I have a heap more pressure on my bladder so am thinking it might just have been the position of the baby as you guestimated.
    I am in the eastern burbs of Melbourne.
    Are you in Vic permanently?

At this sage yes. It depends how well the home birth thing goes. If I can geet enough clients then I will stay here in Vic