Thread: - constipation!!

Lavender Guest

Default - constipation!!

Hello all - Im hoping you can help me, i am having trouble um... er... going to the toilet!!!, I have never had this problem before and i know it is a symptom of pg, but i was wondering if anyone has found any little helpful foods etc.. that helped them, go more regularly..
    Hoping you girls can help
    thankyou
    Lavender.
    p.s. hope everyone had a good weekend, and your little bubba's are happy and healthy...

You should try and drink lots of water. Lots of fruit is good and a bit of bran on your cereal but you need extra water to compensate for the extra fibre in bran or it can just slow things down even more. Lightly steamed veges are good but avoid raw carrots because they can be hard to digest. I always find a bowl of porridge for brekky gets things moving and also if you can stomach them prunes or prune juice can help. I've read that sometimes a glass of warm water can help.
    If that doesn't work you could get metamucil or similar - just ask the chemist first to make sure that its ok in pregnancy.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

My doctor told me to take Metamucil if nothing else worked, so that is perfectly fine to take whilst PG

Lavender Guest

Thankyou girls for you replies, very much appreciated.. I will try your suggestions and hope that gets things moving along..

Cheers
    Lavender.. \/

angel_eyes Guest

I was having problems at the beginning, I always ate weetbix but started eating lots of multi grain bread.

Drinking lots of water helps too.

Now I'm not having any problems.

tablespoon of flaxseed oil every morning. Never had a problem. xo

Custardtart Guest

Personally I found that prunes helped more than Metamucil - I added six stewed prunes to my breakfast cereal every morning and that helped heaps. It's particularly important to add SOME other fibre supplement to your diet if you are taking iron tablets too, as they can really bind you up.

Kerrie

hi lavender,

i use psyllium husks in my porridge, which really helps me. the other thing to remember is heaps of water!!

hope this 'symptom' clears up for you soon!!

Linda

Hi Lavender

i tried Metamucil and it didn't do a thing for me. the only thing that keeps me regular and not bloaty is a small bowl of All Bran with fruit every morning.