Thread: couldnt tell gender of baby in ultrasound!!!!!

SarahMc Guest

Default couldnt tell gender of baby in ultrasound!!!!!

yesterday i had my 20week scan and was in desperate need to find out the gender of my little one so i can put my mind at ease over guessing wat it is and also so i can get things ready in the right colours etc. well my little terror just happened to have its umbiblical cord between its legs so we couldnt find out if its a boy/girl.

i was wondering is there any more ultrasounds i have to go to in my pregnancy or will i have to see if i can get a referral from my doctor? coz i would really like to know.

or if this has happened to you, wat did you do to find out?

Hi,
    I'm really not sure if you'll get another ultrasound. it's probably unlikely. unless you are a high risk pregnancy or if they are concerned about size for dates.i was high risk, so i had 4. Ask the doc, i guess?

Pauline

Normally you wouldn't get another ultrasound unless something was wrong or high risk.

When i had my 20wks ultrasound i didn't get to find out the sex of the baby but i was lucky to have another ultrasound at 27wks and found out then i only had the ultrasound again to check how big the baby was as i wasn't feeling much movement and my pregnancy was high risk.

The 20 weeks is usually the last one. I doubt your doctor would give you a referral for another ultrasound just so you could find out the sex but I guess you never know.

Otherwise, just buy neutral colours. There will be plenty of time once the baby is born to buy gender specific clothes.

That is usualy the last one...

Im "high risk" now and we have had 5 in total and im having another one on monday.... but id rather not know the sex of our little one than have to go thru all the crap we have been thru.

Good luck,

i had my 20 week u/s and they couldn't tell the gender either. They also put my dates back to 18 weeks. I was told that it was my last u/s as well unless it looked like something was wrong. At my next hospital appt i asked for a referral for another u/s to find out the gender and they gave me one. So i had another u/s at 23 weeks. it wasn't at the hospital but at a private place but they bulk billed so didn't cost anything.
    its worth asking for a referral, they might give it to you.

I think most Dr`s will give you a referral for another scan, you could even get a 3D or 4D one which are great. Good luck.

~Sarah~ Guest

You have twp possible options....Firstly you could go back to your Dr and say that you need to know and not knowing is causing you so much stress and upset you don't know what to do...your an emotional wreck right?!
    And if that doesn't you could go to another Dr and say your regular GP is away and you need to get your 20wk scan but forgot to get the refreral from your Dr at the last appointment...then just go to a different scan place. Both methods have worked for some of my friends...Ok I know that it costs alot for the gov to do these scans but bugger me eh? perhaps good old Johnny could have one less trip in his private jet this year so women can find out the sex if they missed out and dearly wanted to know!

DoubleK Guest

i found out the sex of my baby at my 12 week ultrasound..

i've asked my doctor if its possible to have another ultrasound later on in my pregnancy, just for piece of mind, and he said i can, as it would help him also. he recommends the next one be at 32-34 wks.

SarahMc Guest

thanx all. it works out that the guy who done my ultrasound forget to measure or check something anyway so he booked me another appointment with him, it must be fate!!!!!!!!!! so hopefully tomorrow i will b able to find out.

again thank you for all your advice

DoubleK Guest

Fate definitely!!!!!!

All the best i hope the little one cooperates!

SarahMc Guest

IM HAVING A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! little James Christopher aka JC.

Janie Guest

Congratulations!

Ooohh...congrats Sarah! You must be relieved to know and thrilled about your precious blue bundle!

DoubleK Guest

ohhh congrats!!