Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: craving terrible things

Default Craving bad things

Aw hun I feel for you and know where you are coming from.

I craved junk with my first pregnancy, my son.

This pregnancy (currently at 20 weeks), I have been craving COFFEE, COKE & RED WINE.

Needless to say I have not succumbed to the red wine.

I have one cup of coffee in the morning and that is it. Its hard though!!

Must admit I have crumbled and had a coffee frappe or coke during the day at one point or another also.

Just have to balance healthy foods with your occasional slip ups and dont feel too guilty! We are only human and being pregnant isnt an illness.

i read a story about a woman who ate SPONGES!! like the coloured dish cloth ones...then she went to natural sea sponges she thought it'd be healthier!!!!she used to treat herself to one bite a day!!!! her mouth used to water at the sight of them...

i laughed my head off when i read that.

yes i have a theory our bodies need extra fat stores for b/f thats why so many pg women crave junk esp hot chips!

I was craving salad sandwiches & fruit salad for so long...but this week that's all gone out the window!! I want ANYTHING bad for me. It's not that I've got nothing else, I've got plenty of healthy food to snack on but I just don't want to eat it. And tonight DH is at work so I'm having McDs or Red Rooster for dinner- yet to decide which!! Yum I'll eat better next week.

When I had morning sickness all I would have for breakfast is a dry biscuit (like a scotch finger or nice biscuit) if I could keep it down, otherwise a few lollies would help...boy did I feel bad- what a terrible breakfast, a handful of lollies and a sip or two of water!! LOL

Even now I still crave sugary foods, lollies & chocolate especially. I'm terrible and just give in to the cravings... I also used to have cravings for KFC chips with sweet & sour sauce and Macca's cheeseburgers (although I was sick after eating one for lunch, don't know why just didn't agree with me that day, and just the thought of them now turns me off!). I just try and eat healthily at all other times, lots of vegies and some fruit (not a huge fruit eater) as well as drinking milk & having yoghurt. I'm not the size of a house yet so I think I'm doing ok! Lol.

I'm craving indian curry something chronic.
    And i am ALWAYS hungry. Always. I'll warm up a whole garlic bread loaf, eat it, and fifteen mins later be ravenously hungry again.

Quote Originally Posted by dantri View Post
    EVERYONE, preggers or not, are allowed hot chips, with salt, AND hosed down in vinegar (for me anyhow) just once in a while
    LOL yep a month or two ago i got hot chips drowned in vinegar on my lunch break, they were so soaked that the bottom fell out of the chip box as i walked back to work and about 10 seagulls swooped in and ate them all
    funniest bit is i went back to the shop and told them 'i dunno why, the box just collapsed' and got a replacement...the paper box this time wrapped in a plastic bag ....pmsl

I say there is nothing wrong with some good hot chips with salt or anything like that, as long as we make up for it with a nice healthy meal. All things in moderation hey.

I wish I was craving food all I cravel is Cigarettes I quiet well over 12 months ago and its all I think about. The smell makes me feel sick when I walk past someone smoking but just the thought of it drives me a little nutts I even dream about smoking all the time. Mind you I have not given into this craving at all and wouldnt but its just weird! Have been eating too much Choclate instead oh and microwave popcorn

In my first pregnancy I just craved deep food, kfc, maccas, hot chips, pies, sausage rolls. I put on 35kgs.

This pregnancy I have been craving tomatoes, tomatoes and more tomatoes, cheese tomatoes & lettuce sandwiches, and ice cream but I only have little every two weeks at the most. This time I have lost 4kgs so far.

Wink

GUILTY as charged....

I... crave... hotdogs.

Not just 1, or 2, or 3...

I crave like four hotdogs a day. It is so bad because I grew up with a mother who had a PHD in nutrition and I know how bad hotdogs are. But man, just the thought or smell of one and I go insane.

This might explain why I have gained 15 pounds so far... lol

Well I'm destined to give birth to either a giant cheese sandwich (toasted or not and crackers will do the job just as well, thank you very much) or a super-sized chicken schnitzel. They are definitely my standout faves at the moment.

I cannot go past chicken schnitzel with heaps of salt - yummo!! This also means that I've fallen in love with the Maccas crispy chicken burger...licking my lips just thinking about it. Oh, and I NEVER eat Maccas normally!!

My naughty sweet snacks are ice cream (generally just for dessert) and lollies of any description really but Starburst jelly beans and any brand of jelly babies are my faves though. Speaking of which, I'm off to my car to retrieve my bag of jelly beans now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica_Rabe View Post
    GUILTY as charged....

I... crave... hotdogs.

Not just 1, or 2, or 3...

I crave like four hotdogs a day. It is so bad because I grew up with a mother who had a PHD in nutrition and I know how bad hotdogs are. But man, just the thought or smell of one and I go insane.

Can we Hotdogs while pregnant???????
    Please say yes. I thought they were a big big no no.

I thought Hot Dogs where fine as long as you cook them properly... hope so I have had a few myself, went to Ikea the other day and the whole place smells like hot dogs, had to stop and buy gluteen free ones on the way home!

I just realised i really don't pay much attention to what i'm eating, I was just eating celery and thought oh this would be good with peanut butter so i used it like dip, then i ran out of celery and thought lets just eat the peanut butter with a spoon, I was about to start dipping freddo's in there too but my work mate came back and i thought that would look way to weird, ok so now i'll ad peanut butter to my list

Im trying my hardest to stay away from junk. It's not working very well!

But last night, oh my gosh! I wanted a frozen coke from maccas BADLY. DP said once dinner was done he would go and get me one, so I waited very patiently.
    An hour passed. WELL wasn't I one very grumpy little lady!! I hardly spoke to him! He eventually got the hint after asking me what was wrong and me almost yelling "frozen coke!!" into his ear lol
    Afterwards I was so excited and happy to have my delicious frozen coke.

that is until I drunk it all and then got heartburn

stupid cravings!

I am not so worried about pg weight gain. I am a sweet tooth and have had a lot of sweet foods though. I did consider eating one of the dog's schmackos the other week, but refrained.

a schmacko i think is pushing it LOL!
    i am there with the schnitzels though - YUM! veal ones are my thing... with lots of lemon!

Quote Originally Posted by alioops View Post
    I am not so worried about pg weight gain. I am a sweet tooth and have had a lot of sweet foods though. I did consider eating one of the dog's schmackos the other week, but refrained.
    OMG Alioops, I did the exact same thing!! I was so embarrassed to think that I came so close to tasting a schmacko! I'm so glad I managed to restrain myself and just settled for a couple of extra long sniffs then put the schmackos away. Phew!

I'm craving indian, subway and chinese like there's no tomorrow. And also roti (malaysian bread thingies). Anything curry-ish i think, with beef and it's got to be red
    I know, i'm weird. Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast