Thread: Crusty nipples

colleeg Guest

Default Crusty nipples

ok Ellen i did it! you suggested we should make this a thread....

anyone experiencing dry nipples?????????
    im thinking mine is becuase of swimming, but moisturings still keeps it happening!
    anyone got any answers????

katanya Guest

hi colleeg I wanted to let you know I did, and I used to squeeze out a bit of colostrum and massage that in, also you can buy lanisol which is pure lanolin which will do the trick beautifully! It is also a GODSEND for your nipples when learning to breastfeedin (if you plan to) in the early weeks with your Bub!
    HTH

i was suggested by someone to squeeze out colostrum and massage that in, specially after baby is born, not to sue any creams.

i used to suffer it alot when breast feeding joshua as he never attached properly

Lesley

I noticed little dry flakes of something on my nipples one day last week. Weird stuff LOL not sure what it was! And I've also noticed this kind of thick white gunk in them and over the last couple of weeks it's been getting thinner/wetter. Eww LOL.

My boobies started getting crusty about 20 weeks? Like little bits of sleep in them. Then at 2q4 weeks they started leaking profusely. 30 weeks they started slowing down, and now I'm just back to crusty bits.
    Strange little body stuff happening here!

Debbie Lee Guest

I too get the crusty bits happening! If I squeeze my nipples, the tiniest bit of colostrum comes out too. I think it's really cool! LOL I guess it's just our boobies getting ready for the tough job ahead. I still can't imagine that the big, giant pendulums attached to me are going to keep bubs alive and well for at least the first 6 months!! hehehe

katanya Guest

I still can't imagine that the big, giant pendulums attached to me are going to keep bubs alive and well for at least the first 6 months!! hehehe
    I have to say when you breastfed your child and they start getting fat on something that comes out of your body it is one of the most amazing things in this world..I felt like a fertility godess, spurting milk!

I
    cant believe how dark and big my aerolas have gotton!! gawd...they were hardly noticeable before! Hope they go back to normal...
    nope sorry, they do lighten slightly when the hormone fade but the size is still there (but then I'm still Breastfeeding so perhaps they go when you stop..never thought about that :-k )

Ooooh yeah... I remember those crusty bits! LOL

Can't say I have noticed my areola's shrink back to pre-pg size either..... well...maybe just a little?? :-k

Can I just say my areolas never returned to the size they were post birth I was saying to kel not long ago, I kept thinking WTH am I supposed to fit that whole thing into a newborns mouth LOL! And lets hope they don't get bigger next time or I'll have more areola than skin on my breast LOL! And Katanya I love your fertility goddess comment thats so beautiful and so true!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

Neil reckons my nipples look like giant chocolate buddies, hehehe.
    They have gotten really dark and there is no way on earth bubs is fitting the entire thing it it's mouth! 8-[

HALLELUJAH!
    My aereola's are still massive since having DD, I was thinking the whole time, this aint fitting in no baby mouth & I did not work well as a milking machine, am gonna try to battle it again this time, but I need a baby with a flip top lids coz my areaola is gonna be bigger than it's head!

Just wondering - a couple of you mentioned that your areola's stayed the same size - did they stay the same colour? My nipples have changed to a much darker colour, will they stay this colour or go back to the pre-preg colour?

Seeing as we're talking about nipples.... Are they botht the same colour? One of mine has gotten darker than the other. Both are darker, just one moreso

*checks nipples*

Actually, now that you mention it, Sarah, one of mine is slightly darker as well or it's a slightly different colour?!? It's a bit hard to tell LOL. There's definitely a slight difference though.