Thread: Dark patches on face

Default Dark patches on face

Hi there,
    I have noticed today that i have some dark patches of skin on my face. I have heard that this is normal, but just wondering how common???

Aww no about the dark patches on your face!! I have them in my arm pits! LOL I've had them for a while and happy they are on arm pits cause they are hidden all the time. Hopefully I dont get patches anywhere else..

I got two of these patches on my face with my first pregnancy. My little one is nearly 1 and I still have them. They do seem to have faded a bit though. Im pregnant again so maybe that has slowed the fading down. I dont seem to have any new ones this time and hopefully wont get any. I asked my Dr at my 6 week check up if they would go away and she just said maybe (not very helpfull I thought).

I have read it can be very common during pregnancy. It is called chloasma. It's caused from the same hormones that produces that lovely dark line down some of our abdomens, called the linea alba. I got this with DD, so far it hasn't appeared this time around but I didn't get it til around 30weeks last time. It also causes hyperpigmentation, darkending of our areolas . It should go away after pregnancy though, but sometimes very slowly. And Fletch is right, the sun can make them darker.
    Got to love all these pregnancy hormones.

I actually got this while on the pill and when I stopped taking the pill three years ago, they disappeared. My freckles also became very obvious and this, too, settled down after stopping the pill.

Hormones are great, arent they?

I have pigment spots all over my body now! Since being pregnant, the worst spots are on my tummy, under my breasts, my face and neck!

pint Guest

arrrghh dark, light, red you name it. I have it somewhere on my body! common how sexy isn't it

Yep, I've had a 'pregnancy mask' with both kids. Slight-ish discolouration on my face. Only one person has commented but I saw them everytime I looked in the mirror. Gone now though.