Thread: Dark Yellow wee?

Question Dark Yellow wee?

I just went to loo after holding while I was in a meeting and when I looked at my knickers the white discharge (sorry TMI) had a slight yellow/tan tinge to it (its def not spotting as I have had that pleanty of times!!)
    And when I went to flush I noticed that my wee was very dark yellow - could this be coz I was holding? Or am I getting an infection? Im not itchy or anything?

My wee is normally a bright yellow colour not as dark...

Thanks!

Dark yellow tends to mean you are getting dehydrated, the darker the wee the more dehydrated you are. Have you been drinking much today?

Dark yellow tends to mean you are getting dehydrated, the darker the wee the more dehydrated you are. Have you been drinking much today?

Yep - i agree with Sarah, drink more water - the lighter the colour, the better hydrated it is.
    In general, you should aim for only a slight tinge to the wee
    If mine gets darker in the day i have a massive glass of water straight away and then carry another ne with me so that i will rememebr to drink it
    Your bubs needs water too rememebr

Thanks Ladies!
    I struggle with water - but I relise that I have to drink more for bubs! I have just downed a 500ml of water and will aim to drink another b4 the end of work.
    I will make it a priority to drink more!
    I have been craving OJ allot at the moment so have been drinking heaps of that but will get more water into me!
    Thanks again
    Kate

yep i agree with sarah, just have a few more glasses of water then usual today, i often get this and i just fill up a water bottle and drink that.

I have been to the docs WHILE i have had this darker wee, and he did a dip test and no sign of infection. SO i would put it down to dehydration, but if you are concerned go have a chat to your GP

Hope your wee is nice and clear

yeh mines dark yellow sometimes too... darker the more i "try" and hold on and first thing in the morning. I know its hard, just try and have a water bottle with u all day and take sips if u have to through out the day.

I have heaps of trouble drinking anything, unless im thirsty or my mouth is dry i forget
    I fill about 3-4 water bottles up (600ml) and aim to drink atleast 1 bottle every 2-3hours.

Dark yellow urine is a sign of dehydration. You should try to drink at least 2 litres a day

I often have bright/dark yellow - particularly first thing in the morning. I drink at least 2.5L a day - does that mean I am not drinking enough water?

I always thought that taking vitamin tablets can make it darker too?

it would make sense to have darker wee in the morning coz u havent had anything to drink for 8 or so hours. i would think 2.5 litres would be enough.

as for the vitamin tablets...not to sure on that one.

AJC - mine is usually a bit darker in the morning too.... it's because we haven't been drinking water for 8hrs as we're asleep so don't worry about your first morning pee so much... sounds like you're plenty hydrated anyway!

My pee goes bright yellow (almost green! lol) sometimes with my vitamins but since being pregnant, i notice my body needs the vitamins more so it holds onto them since being pregnant hence my pee isnt that bright yellow much iykwim

Kate - you drinking all that OJ will also make your pee darker than usual!! all that Vit C!

btw drinking lots of water flushes out ur insides and so there is less chance of u getting a urine infection. *bows to her water bottle* lol

Darker urine first thing in the morning is common and not a sign of dehydration. Some nedications can change the colour of your urine