Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deforrestation... can't see!

Talking Deforrestation... can't see!

I like to keep things neat and tidy down on Tassy. About once a week I usually like to do the fire breaks and tame the forrest in general but the last few weeks I have to admit, I can't see what I am doing!
    This would be DH's face if I asked for help ha ha...
    Last week I nearly cut off my finger nail.. not even sure how that happened
    Do you bother once you cant see, get waxed or just let it run wild?

With DS I just let it go - but I don't reckon I will this time. It's all a bit difficult to keep the forest clean after the birth.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and ask DH to assist - his face will be exactly the same.

Missbec gets it waxed (we were discussing in another thread) - as I'm sure other BB members do. Brave, very brave. I just wish I had the guts to - it would make life so much easier in the long run.

I just reckon waxing would totally cane - but be really good. Oh, I'm torn!!

Well... I just close my eyes and randomly hack away until it feels cleaner in tassie...

Yeah I let it go first time too but knew I had to have a ceaser so day before, I was standing in front of the mirror doing it and that was really awkward.

I did try geting it waxed once when I was pg and you're right it blardy caned after shaving for so long and because everything is more sensitive. Especially along the top YEOW! I always got ingrowns from waxing too for some reason, never a prob with shaving. Shaving only itches if you leave it longer than a week in between. For me anyway..

just let it go wild...

This has always been something i HATE doing so its become DF's job regardless if im pregnant or not.

Since being pregnant i've let it go wild. But every couple of months i'll get sick of it and shave it off very slowly and carefully in the shower. Lol

LMFAO!
    Seriously, I nearly laughed myself off the chair!
    I laughed so hard I had to read what you wrote to my Mum and DP, Netty!
    You are a classic!!!!

Annnyywwaaaayyyyy...
    Evie was correct. I just got waxed.
    It wasn't my first time and it won't be my last!
    This time though I had let a few months go between waxes so I was at the beginning again - the more you have it done, the less it hurts.
    It hurt like a b**** but it only lasted, ohhh, maybe a minute?
    Much better than when I TRIED to shave - hmmm, I still have the scar! That will teach me for trying to do it when I couldn't see...
    I will continue to get waxed every couple of weeks now until and after the birth. I just find it so much easier than doing it myself - maybe I'm just lazy!
    I prefer waxing because it is quick, easy and lasts much longer than shaving. Plus the hair grows back less and softer...
    Ingrowns are easily avoided by having a good routine after waxing - using a loofah glove or body scrub and moisturiser. I have only ever had 2 ingrowns - this time actually - because I didn't follow my routine... They have pretty much gone since I started it again though.

My first birth I went wild... OMG! Big Mistake. Never ever again! I tore badly and needed a lot of stitches and needed to be checked down there hourly... It would have been so much easier to look after by the nurses and myself, if I had tamed it!

Sooooo after all that longwinded reply...
    Wax!

Just go wild. My hospital asks you not to wax or shave 4 weeks prior to your EDD. Apparently waxing and shaving can leave small nics which can cause infection.

BTW I use clippers to keep under control and DH does it when I can't...It is a bit nerve racking but the job gets done after a few laughs.

That is really interesting, Bek!
    Both hospitals - first birth and impending - actually suggested a tidy up prior to birth...
    When I asked the midwife and OB at the hospital for this one if it was ok to be completely waxed for the birth, they both said a very big yes and explained it makes their job a little easier...
    You brought up a good point with the shaving - I will avoid that one if I can't get waxed in time for the birth or if I chicken out!

lmao girls, But I have had to let it go bush as I can't see it anymore. Might consider waxing ??? dunno

As you can tell Leonie - I am all pro for waxing!

I used to wax myself. I would lock myself in the bathroom on a Friday night, drink a couple of bourbans (numbs everything a little and helps with the ripping it off courage) but in all honesty, didnt matter how much I loofahed and looked after it, I ALWAYS got ingrowns. I never get them shaving and I never get itchy from shaving either. It would be nice if it didnt grow back so quick.. but hey DH doesnt inspect that closely these days anyway.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Interesting thread - just starting to contemplate the idea of waxing down there - the sides and underneath seem to be causing a few issues with my underwear and attempts to wipe after toileting. Not really worried about the top section much more just the sides and underneath.
    Not quite sure if I'm game to go and get it done though - wouldn't quite know what exactly I'm asking for - does a bikini wax just do the sides or does it do underneath as well? I don't want the whole lot off - I know that much (If I ever used to tidy up down there I would shave but that happens very rarely as I would get the itchy rash thingy happening too - rather just go wild usually)
    Not even game to ask DH to attempt to help tidy there - I would be too embarrassed to ask him, let alone him actually considering the idea and attempting it.

To me its hair and I have never bothered with it. My midwife looks at more vagina's then I care to think about so when it comes to birthing my attitude is 'who cares?'. Birthing is natural, hair is too .

Hey guys
    I have so been wondering about this too! I can't see my tassie either - DH would do it no probs but I think I would just laugh the whole time! I think waxing would probably be better - but I am so scared of it! I only just started doing my legs!!! My sis swears by waxing the forest but I think it will absolutely kill! Post birth I can see how this is a better option. Oh what to do? A girls dilehmma! Thanks for the laughs girls what a great thread!
    Rach xx

Liz I have a friend that uses clippers that kinda shorten everything up to keep it tidy and under control. I usually use scissors to shorten the landing strip but I cant see it now to do it properly and too scared I will hurt myself

Macca I'm not doing it for the midwives LOL its just for me as I prefer it neat. My friend is a theatre nurse and she said that if peole come in for an op where they are knocked out and have made a special effort down there, they have a bit of a laugh about it!

What do people think Obstetricians prefer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast